Hearthstone crashes on start-up

Whenever I start up Hearthstone, it crashes at the start-up screen. It just goes black.
I’ve tried every step suggested in the Help Pages. This is the second topic I started about this, because on the other one I don’t get any response from the person that answered first a couple of days ago. He asked me for some bug report or something, but I can’t seem to post the bug report either. Can someone please tell me how to do this?
I have a Macbook Pro 2011, just so you know.
Thanks… Hopefully someone can help me, because I haven’t been able to play for more than two weeks now…

1 Like

I am also occurring the same crash. Mine is also MacBook Pro 2011. I don’t know what to do either.

Hey there,

Thank you for reporting this issue here. There is a known issue that is causing Hearthstone to crash on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). If your MacBook is currently running 10.13.6, please use the following steps to work around the issue:

• Open the option.txt file in ~/Library/Preferences/Blizzard/Hearthstone
  • Find “graphicsquality=X
  • Change to “graphicsquality=0
  • Save file
  • Restart game

If this does not fix the issue, please reply with the macOS version that you are running.

Hi there,

thank you for replying. I’m sorry I only saw this after 8 days. I honestly thought I wasn’t going to be able to play anymore, so I moved on.
I did the steps you suggested, but the value for graphicsquality was already 0, so it didn’t do anything about the crash…
My MacBook is running MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Thanks again for helping out!

Hi there,

Same issue.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 384 MB

Same thing is going on with me on my iPhone 11. Not sure if it’s the update or what.

I don’t know what’s going on, but this problem has been reported more than 1 month ago. Could someone from tech support comment please?

Hello,

I continue to try after each update but it still did not work.

Kinds regards

Same here on a MacBook Air 2011 :frowning:
and there is no “graphics quality” line in my options.txt file for me btw

Can anyone from Support read this and maybe comment? We have been waiting for several weeks now…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.