Hearthstone classic

Anyone else wish you could limit the expansions you could play against.

They brought back WoW classic so why not HS classic, I just don’t want to play against Demon Hunters or ress Priests or any class that uses the dumb quest mechanic to justify playing poorly while still getting 6/6 dragons and unfair hero powers.

Remember the days when even a murloc Paladin didn’t make you auto conced because there was still hope. What would TotalBiscuit say if he saw the game now?

3 Likes

Well Yes and no.
I think Hearthstone used to be better than it is now. But having all patches available comes with problems like longer matching times and more bugs.

I think this game was better when it had a smaller card pool with clear distinctions between classes. I don’t know if there’s enough players who feel the same to make a variation like that financially desirable.

Priest had ressurect during Blackrock mountain. They used to resurect blade masters.

Man don’t even compare that to a reborn taunt the heals the hero or another that kills random minions no matter what cos it’s taunt and deathrattle mean unless you have all the silence in the world it’s gonna keep coming back and trading up

remember the days when Naxx powercreeped the game to a point it was still stronger than the following expansions? the good old days of undertaker when you lost on turn 2 if you didnt have minions to play in reponse

3 Likes

After Whispers of the Old Gods the game went to crap

So you want to go against the days of 2/1 leper Gnomes, Abusive Sargeants, Double Innervate Turn 1 into 5 mana minion, ubiquitous Piloted Shredder and Dr. Boom in literally every deck, and Mysterious Challenger giving Paladin a strong turn every turn?

Stop complaining about chump decks when you haven’t experienced the past. The grass was browner on the other side.

1 Like

good old days when dr boom was insane because most decks couldnt answer a 7/7 on turn 7

3 Likes

The good ol days of begging for that top deck to outtempo evey game every class you played against because the playing field was level just depend if you got the draw.
Not the “I can play 1 card that acts like 4 and completely screw my opponent even though I should be dead next turn”

Except for the double Big Game Hunter Auto Includes for the Clockwork Giants, Molten Giants, Mountain Giants, Ragnaros, Dr. Boom, and/or a lucky Sneed pull, whatever came cheating out first. Even still, those boom bots still swung whatever “tempo loss” a powercreeped 7/7 neutral with two mech bodies that could clear multiple targets generated.

People think Zephrys is the answer to all problems, BGH was pretty much that. The whole meta clung onto the neutral techs like BGH to keep themselves alive.

2 Likes

If you want to play a certain way, put your Battle.net ID in a new forum post and say you want to start a group. If you find at least one friend who likes to play your way at the same time you play, mission accomplished.

1 Like

I would love limiting to play in a specific year cycle.

Yes, and I hope it’s one of the ‘new modes’ (listed on the roadmap for phases 2 and 3) they have going forward. I’m hoping they do another ranked system but for certain expansions or rotating ones.

Like one month could be only Classic. The next month could be just Saviors of Uldum or something.

Remember when game was about minion combat and chillwind yeti was good?

The things we think, then a brawl shows up with it and its lame.

Yeah. When Freeze Mage and Miracle Rogue were 2 of the best decks in the game - Classic HS.

2 Likes

beefstew, zoo, several op versions of otk warrior, force nature savage roar. ahhh for the good old days.

2 Likes

Yeah. Reminiscing about the good old days is fun and all, but we tend to wear rose-tinted glasses when doing it. It wasn’t all cupcakes an unicorns back then either!

2 Likes

Hmm, that actually isn’t that bad an idea. A custom tournament kind of thing, where the host sets the limits to the card pool. Starcraft has something similar, might be worth while content down the line.