Hearthstone Battlegrounds Crashing on Mac Pros with RX 6900

I have two Macs with with Radeon RX 6900 that are crashing when playing Battlegrounds. One Mac Pro has a W6900X and the other has a PowerColor 6900 XT. Both fail in the same way. The game works for a while but as the game progresses, the game will freeze up. Sometimes, the game will recover but only for a while. Other times, the game will freeze and need to be force quit. Most times, the music keeps playing, I can move the mouse, sometimes I can switch apps.

I haven’t been able to recreate the problem on any M1 or M2 Macs. I cannot replicate the same issue with the RX 580 GPU.

The same process shows up in Console every time this happens. It is DumpGPURestart.
Subsystem: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart Category:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart
com.apple.message.signature: Kernel
com.apple.message.signature2: UNBUNDLED ||| kernel ((null))
com.apple.message.signature3: UNKNOWN
com.apple.message.result: noop
com.apple.message.summarize: YES
SenderMachUUID: D974EFAB-0C64-3C75-B55C-8733AE1CF215

1 Like

I am having the same type of issue. I have a 2019 i9 intel core 8-core. I don’t have any issues other than battle grounds. Its fine to start then gets worse and worse and eventually it freezes sometimes get a red screen and either have to force shutdown computer or if I catch it soon enough I can tab out and then force quit and restart game. It does it way to often enjoy playing battle grounds. I hope Blizzard sees this and fixes this issue!

Same here … for many month now…
Mine is an iMac Pro 2017 with 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 64GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB - Ventura
My only way out is to kill Hearthstone every 2nd game or so and restart… that works well as long as you have more than 20seconds left - sometimes I’d rather use the time on the board :frowning:

I’ve also tried to automate the shutdown and restart using a script, but for whatever reason the Hearthstone App shuts down itself after a view seconds if not started from within the battle.net App - didn’t dig throug the logs yet