Haro setting sun

That smug looking, pseudo-philosophy spouting piece of carp. Every single time I get a Aggro deck he shows up and annihilates my buns.

You can only beat him if you build Big minions or spells, or in rare cases, aggro with the rocket boots. Other than that he’s unbeatable.

Even if you try to build big minions, there is not guarantee that his truckload of stealing/copying spells won’t pull your most important minion or spell and completely screw you over.

I feel like conceding every time I meet him, which already a sign of bad design.

I can think of a few ways to fix/improve the expierence.

1. Easiest to do, add a “re-roll” option to randomly select a new boss, you can only do this once a run, and it reduces the card buckets and treasure options to 2 instead of the usual three, this prevents the phenomenon of “If so and so appears I die painfully but if he doesn’t I win”

2)NERF HIM INTO THE DEPTHS OF HELL. Also easy to implement, remove his stealing spells, make his HP cooldown like the moustache man, and make him dumber.

1. Just remove him from the game. No one likes him, and its almost impossible to to properly nerf him without ruining his “theme”(s)

4)Give him less archetypes, currently he is a BIg resurrection control burgle disruption priest. Removing one or two of those would make it much less RNG based as well.

Oddly enough, I’ve only met him while I had either the Stargazing treasure or the hunter quest. If Blizzard put him in just to counter those decks, why not just remove those options?

3 Likes

WORST. BOSS. EVER!
Blizzard, listen to this man! He blocks out any type of aggro deck, he cheats out big minions because of his mana advantage and once you finally can play something that actually has any attack against his now flooded board, he steals it as he additionally has Mind Control… He is impossible to deal with, and it’s not a fun game when basically all your cards are worthless against him. I had an impossible deck to beat at one point that ended up literally OTK’ing Khadgar on turn 1, and Haro actually managed to make it a draw because that’s how overpowered he is. Go with option 2 or 3!

I agree with you.

They don’t care. This game is designed for a specific type of gamer, more and more each year.

1 Like

You can’t beat him with Op treasures, he will just steal those treasures for himself (Haro with Fly-By is terrorism)

Don’t bother fighting him. Just surrender and spare yourself the brain tumours

Oh, man, recent conversations reminded me of this:

Blizzard: Haro is still, and never will be, a good boss. You won’t fix or remove or (because you ever do this) play test this garbage. Congrats to you for defining a turn 2 Ragnaros as “challenge”.

Didn’t they fix Haro ending run?

They nerfed the Hero Power (-1 attack, which I think is fine because it mostly just punishes aggro which isn’t terribly relevant anyways).

They did not fix the deck. They swapped some cards for crappier ones, but the whole “Can steal Rag (or whatever large minion) on turn 2 and rez it forever” game mechanic is still there, between Mindgames, a lack of minions, and a TON of rez.

I think my win% against Haro went from maybe 40% to 60% after the nerf, but the big problem is and always has been that it feels like the game comes down to 1) what does Mindgames steal?, and 2) Will enough Rez spells raise Tempo minions that I don’t get swamped by Obsidian statues? Neither of which I feel I have much control over. Neither winning nor losing feel very good.

2 Likes