Got duplicate in a booster despite already having them

Hi, I got a little problem, I opened some commons cards I already have in my collection in a booster, despite not having all the commons cards… multiple times actually. It’s pretty weird tbh, or maybe it’s normal and there is something I didn’t understood with the new system…
here some screenshot of my collection: https://imgur.com/a/evs1Iqq

That’s weird. Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I don’t know the English names of the cards but upon first inspection it definitely LOOKS as if you have 3 copies of one common Rogue card, and zero of another common Rogue card, both from the same expansion.
Are you sure you never disenchanted any of these cards?

Were these packs from the Season reward chest? There was a blue post about it:

Oh yes, I did already disenchanted those cards before opening more boosters and then I got the duplicate like it’s showed in the screenshot.
But, judging by your reaction, I guess I misunderstood the “no duplicate rule”.
It’s actually “give you cards you never got”, and not “give you cards that not in your collection” … Right ?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct. The benefit of this is that if you get for instance an epic or legendary you don’t ever want to use, you can disenchant it and still know you won’t get it again until you have all other epics or legendaries of that expansion.

But the downside is that if you regret disenchanting a card, you still know you won’t get it again until all other cards of that rarity and expansion.

1 Like

Ooooh, thx, that’s interesting!
A bit weird on the communication from blizzard, I think most people understood like I did, but thats actually pretty good I think.
Thx for answering me!

1 Like

Otherwise it would be open to exploits.

• Card A (a rare card) get’s nerfed
  • I dust all my copies of A for full value
  • I open a new pack, and because I already have all of the other rares it would give me immediately 2 copies of A.
  • Which I dust again for the full value.
  • And so one, and so forth…

It would be a nice dust generator :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the exact text of their announcement. (Source: https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/news/23319441/welcome-to-the-year-of-the-phoenix)

Card Pack Changes

A few years back, we made changes to how opening card packs works to ensure that every time you got a Legendary card, it would be one that you didn’t already have. Starting March 26, we’re extending this to cards of all rarities!

Once this change goes live, you will no longer receive more than two copies of any Common, Rare, or Epic until you have owned two copies of all cards of that rarity in a set. Crafting a card counts towards acquiring it, and any cards you acquire and later disenchant (whether golden or non-golden) count as well. This means that if you get a card that you don’t want, you can disenchant it and you will not receive it again until you have all cards of that rarity from that set. This change does not affect the overall distribution of rarities in card packs.

Not sure how I would change that to be less unambiguous…
(Okay, there’s one thing I would change, and that is in the end to say “will not receive it again until you own or have owned all cards of that rarity from that set”.)

2 Likes