Golden packs pre order

so how do people feel about the 5 golden packs in the pre order. do you prefer this? or would you prefer more cards.

in AOO we got 90 packs instead of 80. golden packs are nice but so is 5 more shots at a legendary is also nice.

1 Like

Considering it still has the same 80 packs for the same price, and also five golden packs, pretty good.

3 Likes

we got 90 packs last expansion actually…

Five packs of golden cards can translate to any 25 cards of your choice, not just cards from the latest expansion. That seems better than getting more cards for one expansion, most of which will end up as dust anyway.

2 Likes

i was thinking that is how some people would see it, but man i have 30k dust so i am not to strapped for dust my self, also does anyone know if these count as normal packs, if i open them in my first 5 packs do i have a higher chance of getting a golden legendary?

The devs said that Golden Classic packs do not have a unique pity timer, so I would expect the Golden SA packs to share their pity timer with standard SA packs.

1 Like

plust the packs from the arena tickets

The question being is the bad luck protection (lego in the first 10 packs of a given xpac) going to work for each card pack type. Or do you have to eg open the golden packs first hoping for the lego to not “waste” the higher chance. If they share really should be 10 packs so you know your going to get a gold lego part of them. If they don’t share its good odds to get two legso of the first few packs one golden. Ontop of the golden just given. I prefed the not shared protection why but knowing blizzard likly there shared and that seams clunky that people can “messup” and open there golden packs to late highly reducing the odds at a lego or gamble do a few normal packs than the golden. Its adding a level of annoyance to pack opening of the start.

As a posted above said there was a dev answer that they don’t have there own pity counter now that I look back. So that measn either they share or they don’t got one at all. If they share that as said can be annoying. If they don’t share thats fine but seams lower value than.

In terms of overall value, I’d say 5 golden packs far outweighs an additional 5 regular packs.

1 Like

i think i read somewhere duplicate protection doesnt include golden cards

if you get a normal card you can still get a golden copy and the 2 normal one later

or get a golden legendary even if you have the normal one

I think it’s safer to open golden packs when you have already all commons/rare, so you can dust them (maybe after some nerfs) without missing a copy.

But it would be cooler to open a legendary in these packs, even if it’s not guaranteed.

Maybe you can open them later, when (if) you reach 30 packs in a row without a legendary?

1 Like

That’s not quite right.

Duplicate protection works for across both golden and normal copies until you have opened a full set of each rarity.

Once you’ve you’ve opened a full set at a particular rarity, subsequent packs will try to fill in gaps in your normal or golden portions of the set before they go fully random.

So, once you have a full set of commons, for example, your next few normal commons will be cards that you have golden copies of but not normal ones yet. And vice versa for golden copies.

Golden classic packs don’t share a pity timer with the classic set. They have no pity timer at all. I would expect these to be the same.

I dont mind. I dust all my golden cards so it’ll just be some extra dust to craft something and who knows might get lucky and get free golden legendary to disenchant.

are you sure? I thought that if i have 1 golden and 1 non golden, then i can find other cards (already in 2 copies) before the “missing” normal ones

The golden and the non golden duplicate protection are independent of each other. I have seen it when you got 1 gold 1 non gold and got the other non gold before I had a full collection of all of that rarity.

Going by his post if it worked as he claimed I would only be opening gold commons for example as have all the non gold commons as by his post should be trying to fill my golden set it doesn’t do that. But it won’t give me that same golden after I got the 2 copys.

1 Like

Rather have the hero, regardless what tier you buy, and less gold packs.

1 Like

No, you misunderstand. Or I didn’t explain it clearly.

Until you have a full set of commons, for example, whether golden or normal, duplicate protection works regardless of which type the cards are.

Once you have a full set of commons, any normal Commons that you pull will fill in the gaps in your normal commons until you have pulled a full set of normal commons. (That shouldn’t take too long, since you generally get far fewer goldens than normals.) Once you have received a full set of normal commons, any further normal commons from the set will be completely random.

Likewise with goldens. Once you’ve left duplicate protection, any further golden commons will be ones that you have less than two copies of. That only stops once you’ve acquired a full set of two golden copies of each card (which is very unlike to ever happen unless you purposely craft a full set of commons.

It doesn’t cause normal copies to become golden or vice versa.

thats what i meant
if you open the golden packs open them first and disechant the gold cards youll still get them as normal cards later

I might buy the big ticket prerelease package now that I see you can get gold packs. Dammit. It’s cool they’re finally doing that beyond getting just one from select solo adventures.