Golden Core Set Cards not showing up in collection

I’m not really sure where to put this, so I figured I’d just put it here as it feels like a bug.

So when the upgrade to gold was implemented I decided to upgrade my old copy of Brann Bronzebeard from the League of Explorers set so that I can have a Golden copy of Brann Bronzebeard to use in my standard decks. How ever when I went to go put the golden copy into my deck it still only showed the plain copy instead.

My first thought was that the policy about getting the golden core version of the card for owning a golden copy of said card from its original set had changed. But as a test I went and upgraded one of my Brawl cards to golden from the legacy set and I got the standard golden copy for Brawl, but still not for Brann Bronzebeard. So I know the golden copy for the core set thing is still there but isn’t working for the cards added to the core set for this year.

And to clarify, I do not have the Achievements that would unlock all golden copies of legendary core set cards. I did this cause Brann Bronzebeard is usually one of the few non golden cards in my decks and having him in gold would make him fit in with the rest of the cards.

1 Like

Core Brann requirement are

Key Value
cardId CORE_LOE_077
dbfId 76312
name Brann Bronzebeard
cardSet Core
howToGet Unlocked at level 41.
howToGetGold Unlocked after 5000 total wins.

for Core Brawl

Key Value
cardId CORE_EX1_407
dbfId 69640
name Brawl
cardSet Core
howToGet Unlocked at level 5.
howToGetGold Unlocked after winning 250 games as Warrior.

This is a bug. Or at the very least it’s a change from the previous year with no mention from Blizzard. I’ve been trying to bring this up since Sunken City launched and the reply above me is essentially all I keep getting from people.

Before the yearly rotation, if you had a golden card from its original expansion in your collection and that card was put into the core set, you would be granted the golden core set version to play in Standard regardless of having completed the achievement or not. It is not working this way currently - at least not with all the cards that it should.

So until Blizzard says they decided to make some sort of change, it should be considered a bug.

1 Like

I think its just the new cards that were added to the core set that it’s not working with. As Brawl was part of the core set last year, and I was able to craft a golden copy of it in the legacy set and got the golden copy in the core set.

If I had to hazard a guess, the new cards added to the core set weren’t updated to have the same info the older core cards have

Yeah, it’s definitely something along those lines. Some of mine, as you mentioned, are working properly as well; Faceless Manipulator, Southsea Captain, King Krush, etc. All the functioning ones seem to be from the Legacy set.

Anyway, thank you for bringing attention to it.

Edit: As I’m now really looking through the cards, it seems that’s precisely what happened. New cards that rotated in this year didn’t get tagged as they should have. Good call.