Genn and Baku, where are you?

Maybe people are playing them already, but I haven’t seen any, and I am so curious about the lists that people are trying. Please tell me there is a deck somewhere that includes one of them that people are playing right now

1 Like

I’m curious as well. This will tell us a lot about power creep. Surely there must be a deck somewhere that is abusing this. Perhaps totem shaman?

Ive been playing an Odd DH I made all night, Im getting pretty good results from it. A lot like shopper dh without the weapon. Sock puppet and battlefiend are real threats when your hero power can trade with opposing minions.

Ran into a couple of other people playing similar decks, maybe there is an actual decklist being passed around

2 Likes

My bet is on even handlock, with the big demon summoning and giants.

Edit: Yep, the old handlock list is almost pure even anyway. Also note, ETC allows for access to odd cards without disrupting Genn.

2 Likes

I threw together an even druid that seems to be working better than I expected it to.

It’s definitely not the strongest thing I’ve played, but it doesn’t feel like trash either.

1 Like

So far I’ve played a bunch of Genn Warlocks, a few Genn warriors, and a few Baku Warriors and DH-s, 1 Baku rogue and I can’t remember what else, but there was definitely more

2 Likes

Sounds like a terrible deck xD

I have about 7 baku decks at the moment but they are all missing between 1 and 7 cards each among them since the rotation of core happened so i havent used them since that occurred. other than missing a lot of most classes board wiping spells or other key removal spells that are even cost, i enjoyed my odd decks the most in all my time playing constructed.

1 Like

Just played against an odd weapon rogue.

1 Like

Almost undoubtedly, the first competitive use of these two will be a tempo deck. My guess is likely rogue with dagger. Pally with the 2x minions might have a decent chance with their typical swarm strategy carried over.

Thing is, meta is currently very heal/armor focused, so its going to take a very heavy tempo deck to break-on through, and I’m not sure the cards exist for this currently. Need stronger tempo cards.

2 Likes

I thought Genn and Baku were supposed to take over and destroy Standard if they ever came back in? What happened?

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly it turns out most classes have huge gaps in card selection that cause the creation of good decks to be difficult.

There’s a couple that are close but they still have huge holes in their builds that can torpedo the entire deck.

1 Like

Genn and Baku don’t matter when handbuff is choking out the entire meta.

Even Warlock is strong. The Handlock stuff they reintroduced in rotation makes a lot of sense now and Forge of Wills nerf to 4 mana plays into its favour. It feels a bit like old Evenlock, where if you know how to mulligan and play each matchup, very few games feel worse than 50/50. ETC allows us to bypass the Genn restriction and I’m currently testing Sargeras, Viper and Soul Freeze in the band, which seem decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXmHwvdpGU

1 Like

Well, Baku face hunter is meh :slight_smile: