Game is definitely not appealing to new players

Are you dilusional. Match yourself against your identical twin that has bought decks. Your chance of winning will not be 50%. Know what that means -PAY-TO-WIN. End of conversation.

Go buy some more decks fan boy, Allen Brack needs a new Ferrari.

2 Likes

Of course not, because my identical twin is an equal opponent, which defeats the entire purpose.

If your opponent has the better deck, you need to be the better player. I don’t understand why that’s so hard for you lot to grasp, it’s a very basic concept

And if I were to face my identical twin with every card in the game right now it would be pretty much 50/50 despite the fact that I dont even own a quarter of the standard set (probably more like an 8th), I’m playing one of the top meta decks. It’s not hard to craft them for free over time if you aren’t an idiot with your dust, the only difference is the paying player has more meta decks while I just have the one.

Not like I need more than that though

2 Likes

Hello. Here is my advice.

Hearthstone is not pay to win but pay to progress faster. You spend money to get the collection fast and quick.

I am not free to play i do spend a bit of money. But if you’re f2p then you need to be patient and get all the freebies, scraps, and events you can do to get free packs.

In addition to arena and gold dallies, you can do solo dungeons snd solo stories. Just google tips snd stratgies for doing those dungeon or monster hunt solo adventures.

Let me say this truth bomb - if you do not enjoy hearthstone matches, than whether you have a full collection or just starting out, you wont have fun in this game.

Streamers are constatly losing and winning and going on losing streaks.

To lose, this is normal and natural. I tend to lose 7 or 8 games and then win 5 or 6 unt i get bored. Sometimes i lose and win back and fourth.

Hearthstone is pay to progress faster to complete collections and to complete decks. Have to take it slow and just do dallies and events. Well take it slow if your f2p.

I made a decent hunter deck with just classic cards. It was a control spell hunter.

I will try to get a list on here. It uses charge minions as token attack spells and hunter spelld as well as silence and weapon removal and drawing more cards. It’s a control deck. Each card has some meaningful impact. Good for rank 50-21.

If you do not like losing just do your dallies and watch hearthstone streams. And manage your dust carefully. Like the guy above said - pick a class to DE all the cards and use dust to make good epics or legendaries. Buy packs with gold. Do events, dallie quests, tavern brawl,

Oh yea btw if you link your twitch and blizzard account and watch 6 hours of hearthstone championships - you get 2 card pwcks of uldum + they give card packs to random people on top of that. Happening on the 16th of august and 21st i think.

Any ways hope this advice helps you bro. Goodluck and be well.

it’s not a new player friendly game. don’t let these people try to convince you you’ll skyrocket up the ranks with classic cards.

1. accept losing a ton
  2. complete all the free gold quests, dust every card and try to craft the cheapest tier 1/2 deck
    or…
  3. open that wallet.
3 Likes

Nobody is saying this, we’re saying what you’ve listed as point 2,which is an entirely viable approach as an f2p player

1 Like

The game is pay to win/pay to have fun. Many people will come and tell you that it isn’t, that they got to legend with free to play in a month or two, etc.

I have played this for nearly 5 years and can tell you as a rank 5 to legend player, since that’s mostly where I hang, that you either spend months to years grinding or open the wallet to a minimum of $150/year to get enough dust/cards to play at most (and I am being generous here) 3 “meta-decks” at a time.

By the stats that have been collected by many data aggregate sites it can take about $270 per expansion to collect the cards in that given expansion and there are 3 expansions a year (do the math).

Do you need every card? No but the resources required to craft the cards you need (multiple epics and legendary per deck) is pretty steep.

I don’t recommend any new players to play this unless they know they are getting into one of the most expensive mobile games ever made.

2 Likes

I think that’s pretty much in the minority. The people who do state they got to Legend in first 2 months, already have some of a knack of competitive play and going towards optimising their decklists right away.

The more casual of a player you are, the harder it is to get into the game and do your research. If you just pick up and play it, you will undoubtedly make many big mistakes and have no idea what’s going on when your opponent plays powerful cards.

Hearthstone is deceptively casual like that, which means that losing a lot is likely, because the gap between your new account and lack of experience, and many opponents that you face is so huge.

A new player is behind on collection and behind on game knowledge. Cards have become so swingy that a single crucial error costs you the game or wildy snowballs against you. Plus at least 20% of the games you still lose even if you do play perfectly, and how can you tell the difference, when you don’t really know what all the cards do?

I would consider myself for being in the minority for reaching Rank 5 in their 2nd month of playing, and maintaining it, 2 years ago. But the learning and collection curve was rough: I constantly learned to substitute in different cards, and to be honest maybe even now I don’t play control/combo decks nearly as well as aggro/midrange, because that’s most of the stuff I’ve played, until more recently.

1 Like

It’s not newbie friendly. And it’s not “Old player trying to get back into the game” friendly either.

I jumped back in to see how things are doing, what cards are legal any more from the older sets and trying to play again…

And it’s hard to play when everyone seems to have 2 decks worth of value against my core cards.

2 Likes

No offense, but quoting $270 per expansion is completely ridiculous and makes you look silly. That’s nearly enough to collect an entire set. Generally, only a small number of the epic and legendary cards in a set are relevant.

It does take time to build up a collection but it’s more than doable to coast along f2p if you’re careful with your crafting.

For the love of God…does someone know how the game works for new players? See, Im on 36 the piranha. Then when I play ranked, I get matched with someone who has got a lot of legendary cards or at least better card collection. It’s not fair to say the least. Yeah so it is totally discouraging. Do we even know if staff of blizzard or hearthstone even read forums?

2 Likes

Then that other player probably spent a lot of money on the game.
Hearthstone is a “pay to advance faster” game. Those who spend less money (or even no money at all) can get the same achievements and the same collection as those who don’t, but it takes a lot more time and effort.

So yes, paying money gives a player an advantage, especially in the new player ranks. You call that not fair, but it’s the business model for Hearthstone. If paying would not give one an advantage, why would any player pay at all?

3 Likes

So this is day… 3? I think? Of my experience with Hearthstone. So far I have reached level 10 with 5 classes and I have got to say that Priest, Hunter and Warlock have been the most fun for me. By that I mean I win the most with them lol. Have only been playing ranked but I have not yet run into any of these games like you have, OP. The ones where I feel as if I am being squashed down beneath a mass of unfairness. The ones where if I read you correctly, you seem to be experiencing? Maybe it’s cause I’m only ranked 43 and am only 3 days into the game but I’ve probably got 50 or so matches under my belt now and from what you wrote I would have definitely experienced something similar to your terrible woes by now. I haven’t added or removed a single card from the basic decks you get just from playing as I am trying to familiarize myself with it a bit more before all that. Maybe try hunter out? I’m loving the game so far and it sounds like you’re not. Try and experiment with the different classes and just get them all to 10 or something before you try and focus your attention on 1 deck. If that doesn’t sound appealing then maybe try a different game?

2 Likes

Oh and to the guy saying “Only a few legendaries are good” from what I understand most of them are included into meta decks along with rares.

Show me a deck that doesn’t auto include Snip Snap, Ziliax or Zephrys.

If they’re in every deck, you only need to craft them once and then you have enough legendaries for every deck.

A deck running Khadgar’s army should not run Snip Snap

I have to completely agree. This is precisely the reason why I am online reading this at this very moment. I just finished an Arena run not 5 minutes ago and everything described here happened in all 3 games. Games that I obviously lost back to back. Every single thing written here is what I came here to vent about. What IS the point in allowing a player to choose their opening hand, only to deal the exact card that was discarded on the very first draw? And why does it seem like every opponent has the ability to play 20 mana worth of cards on the second round? I’m sorry, but I find it hard to believe that its simply a matter of skill or a better selection of cards. I haven’t been playing for very long. I stumbled across the game only a couple of months ago. I don’t recall these issues being so frequent when I first started playing. It’s very frustrating because I really enjoy the game. So much so that I even considered applying to Blizzard’s Austin, TX location. I understand that in order to keep creating legendary games it is necessary to profit from the game itself. But how can developers expect new players to be willing to spend money when their experiences playing quickly become so difficult and unenjoyable? This also seems to be a popular topic in the Reviews on Google Play with comments coming from new and verteran players as well.

2 Likes

wow…embedding youtube video

how to do it?

Testing a link

okey I got…

1 Like