Game is boring and Devs know it

The problem is that there are to many decks that can kill you by hand so no board interaction anymore.

2 Likes

No It isn’t.

The more you judge the game by you liking the meta or not the more your vision of it gets distorted.

I would like more board interaction?

Sure.

But it isn’t board interaction that makes people feel stagnated after a certain time.

1 Like

No one says needs to be 1hr game of control decks but at least make the board something to use again. I mean why have a board if it all going to be hand-damage cards? I would rather play hearthstone from 2014 then what we have now

3 Likes

There are two mostly different groups of Hearthstone players. (There’s a small amount of Venn diagram overlap but it’s small.) On the one hand you’ve got players who play the game because it’s fun to them. These players do not need quests. On the other hand you have addicts. Straight up addicts in denial who think that they enjoy playing the game when they literally couldn’t stand to play any more than was required to complete their quests under the previous quest system.

The people getting all upset about the quest changes are the addicts. And as far as that group is concerned, yes, the game is boring and it has been boring for a long time. And yes, Blizzard is knowingly manipulating the addict population into playing more, because they want bots to be drowned out.

But I sincerely hope that none of the addicts is satisfied with Blizzard here, and that each and every one of them uninstalls. For their own good. And if the game genuinely was fun to you, then you know in your heart that you wouldn’t care if the requirements were doubled, tripled or even quadrupled. If you’re personally upset, that’s proof that you’re an addict. (It’s possible to be upset for other people because Blizzard is deliberately manipulating addict behavior here, so key word: personally.)

i love hearthstone, you can do whatever you want, its great

i get 100’s of hours of fun per year

This is the same group. The same people probably would have said they can’t hear the sounds of the Titanic sinking over how awesome the band is.

So, looking back at any issue you were upset over…does that make you an addict?

Because you’re not “enjoying the game because it’s fun.”

Also, obligatory:

They just made a deal with Mobius, a platform where you can earn money by playing ladder tournaments, which are fully automated

I’m not advertizing, but that explains some things.

For starters, it explains why they changed the quests to encourage longer playtime, as they got a deal with them for a %of the profits, and longer playtime means more profits for the Mobius and therefore, Blizzard.

It’s a nice additional source of revenue and some more fun for players.

I didn’t see them advertize it yet, though, probably because they’re still not sure if it’s going to work or even if it might scam people, so they probably don’t wanna fully commit yet.

It also pads their metrics, something they’ve been finding more and more ways to do for years…except for actually improving their games.

1 Like

For the most part no. I did say that there was some Venn diagram overlap. So you have addicts who are having fun playing and a lot of addicts who play but do not have fun doing so.

Also, I’m not mountaineer. Quoting him to me is weird. I don’t care what dumb thing he said there.

By and large, yes. The “SO MUCH FUN” spam is the almost standard default response to any criticism here. This entire addtics playing but not having fun is just another variation of “people stay because muh stockholm” which is bad propaganda and is ludicrous if examined for less than a second.

An addict deludes themselves into believing the experience is good, all evidence to the contrary.

Never posted you were. However, you did post:

When’s the last time you played a game of Hearthstone?

Interesting deflection, but has nothing to do with everything you just tried avoiding.

I got matched with him a few days ago

1 Like

It has everything to do with it. You accuse Blizzard of being evil and yet you still can’t pull yourself away from the product you despise. Your actions make all of your words hollow.

And you’re exactly the kind of player I was talking about. Playing and hating every moment of it. Hopelessly addicted.

deflecting. called it.

And admit it, you’ve been upset about plenty of issues…yet here you are projecting what you have termed “addiction” onto others.

But keep projecting, and deflecting. It doesn’t change the fact that you pointed more fingers back at yourself with that accusation than you ever will at others.

Edit: also, note how desperately they spam the word “HATE” everywhere. More projection. Desperately trying to convince others of something they hold so near and dear to themselves. Meanwhile, the rest of us just want a better game.

Interesting how wanting that brings that word so much out from them.

That is what you do, all the time. That’s WHY I didn’t respond to your DEFLECTING narrative.

Addicts absolutely have a negative opinion of what they’re doing. You have displayed absolutely zero knowledge of addiction because if you actually understand addiction, you know that the addict’s brain is against what they do but their brain lacks the will to control what they do. In the case of gaming addiction they play a game that they know full well is crap.

In your case that’s like saying that Michael Jordan was “just” a basketball player. Your posts have continuously reflected a paladin complex. You are on a crusade. You are downplaying that now because it is logically at odds with you not having the game uninstalled.

NO U,” intensifies.

From the author of “everyone who dares criticize the game is an addict.”

Answer the question: how many times have YOU criticized the game, devs, and/or the company? 20, 50, 100, or more?!

Remember everyone, people who want accountability (especially from this company) and better products are zealots.

If you replace “want” with “demand,” yes they are.

What normal people do if they don’t like something, is leave. Wanting other people to do particular things that they’re unlikely to do is a path to either disappointment or abuse.

So…you’re still here, and by your own standard you shouldn’t be.

“Do as I say, not as I do.”

Again, how many times have you criticized something here? Or is your

keeping you from being able to answer the question?

Where did I say “you must be normal?”

I didn’t say that only x people can be here. I didn’t say that you couldn’t be here if you uninstalled the game.

What I said is that you’re acting like a paladin, and that playing a game that you don’t like is addiction. I’ve also said, if you go back far enough, that I’ve been an addict.