Friendly Challenge Button 'greyed out'

For over a week I have been having problems playing with friends. Intermittently the challenge a friend button is grey and I am unable to spectate people who are playing. My husband has the same issue but his button is now permanently grey and he’s not been able to challenge anyone for days. Other friends seem to have it as well. Is this a known issue? It’s really frustrating not being able to play with friends and I’m surprised it’s not been fixed before now.

2 Likes

Only time I have noticed this is when the social server that tracks friends list is having problems. You will notice it saying everyone disconnected every few minutes. This causes it not to work well for hours at a time.

The only other thing that would stop spectating is if you or your friend were set to appear offline or invisible.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn’t seem to be related to either of those things though unfortunately. I’m not seeing anyone disconnecting, the button is just grey and it says ‘You can’t challenge…right now, wait for them to return to the main menu’ even when they are not in a game and are sat in the main menu. All players are online and have spectating enabled etc.

I’ve seen there are others on this forum with the same issue so just hoping they fix it soon!

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this issue. What Bling described is not the case as when I am not able to challenge my friend I can still spectate their games.

Can't Challenge Friend.

Same problem for me for over 2 weeks now. Tried everything proposed (same client version, removed and readded friend). The issue is not new, but in the past it could be ressolved with logging out and in again (both players sometimes several times). Now it is just impossible to watch a certain friend play. Very annoying since I enjoyed watching and discussing plays with friends much.

1 Like

I have also been having this issue the past week or two. Can’t form a group with my friends. Sometimes I’m prevented from grouping with one friend, sometimes multiple friends.
It took about 5-10 minutes for a group of 3 to get formed so we could finally play some Battlegrounds together. Very frustrating,

Also, friends aren’t receiving messages within the game and we can’t spectate eachother. After restarting multiple times, we can occasionally get the challenge button to light up and all functionality will start working again.

Sane here, also have to enable chat every time I open the app…

I’ve been having problems doing ‘friendly challenge’, I haven’t been able to challenge my friend for a week. Constantly have the “return to main menu” when we’re both in the main menu. Been having problems for longer, but a relog used to bandaid the problem and let us play. Now we can’t challenge each other no matter what.

is possible this is related to the privacy setting getting reset whenever you start HS