Friend requests from fighting pit

As you probably know, you can send ‘friend’ requests for recent opponents from within the game. You might also have noticed that the feature doesn’t work for opponents from the fighting pit in Mercenaries.

However, recently I’ve been receiving a couple of requests from a certain character (I don’t see a reason to name them here) each time after or even during a match with them. So far I’ve been wary of accepting such requests, especially if I’m not sure whether they’ve even been sent by a human or by a program, but first, I’d like to know: what’s this all about? How are they doing it (yet another cheat from the cheating software colloquially known as ‘deck trackers’, which I’ve never used, or something else, e.g. this whole player being a bot entirely… I assume tracking me via social engineering unlikely, since these requests coincide with matches) and what is the point (are they trying to be social or is it something for the purpose of data mining, e.g. from machine-spectating games)?

Not a cheat to use 'em. Officially condoned software.

Sorry you lost a game.

Not when it shows information that shouldn’t be available in the game by any normals means… And neither are bots.

Who on Earth told you that?

Sometimes I wish people faced actual facts instead of dwelling in their own reality… And replied on topic.

1 Like

Bots aren’t allowed. Deck trackers are. Most of the time you have information being shown that shouldn’t? Is because Hearthstone wrote it to the log files themselves.

Anyways… friend requests, of that frequency, seem suspicious. Even if it’s a human doing it, you probably don’t want to communicate with them. I’d preemptively block them, myself.

Yes, even then.

Blizzard has stated the use of deck trackers are not cheats, so they arent. You dont write the rules, they do.