Fresh Account: Having fun!

So fresh, I am enjoying combatting while unlocking all classes.
after this, I may defeat all NPC-based content all before I begin to climb.

I realize this is nothing special for guys. Nevertheless, I’m hoping you guys might advise for me as a new account, the optimal way to continue this new campaign of mine.

Thank you in advance, guys.

(P.S. I am playing on the EU server, having no friends and was wishful that any of you would please add me – please and thank you in case should decide me should you do not mind, battletag is Killuminati#11956.)

Edit: turns out my friends list remains intact, Anyhow, still free feel to add me? I look forward to hang with you!
Edit – unless you wanna a new EU character with mro, so we can help work togethr!

2 Likes

Have fun, Kills. You and I have been through it, but know this:
I have been where you are, and if I can come out of it, then anyone can.

1 Like

You don’t need alcohol. You never did.

2 Likes

Hey! I am new too! It really is a lot of fun starting this game. I can’t guide you in any way as I am new and have lots to learn as well. But I do hope you continue to enjoy the game as well.

I play on US server specifically.

I didn’t have any cash to start out, but I luckily came up on some bonus funds to buy Curse of Naxxramas. I am excited! It won’t launch though, its stuck in “loading” indefinitely. I hope it works soon because I am ready to own that campaign! >:D

If I were you, I would contact customer support and see if you can exchange that purchase for something standard legal. Naxx isnt allowed in standard, and wild is no place for a newbie. No disrespect intended.

1 Like

Hey Benn, if you intend to play standard I advise you to buy the most recent expansions, Naxxaramas only works in wild and the power level there is through the roof so very few cards of that set are competitive. Save your hard earned gold for packs and minisets of the current year, they’re more powerful and will still be playable in the next year. Also it’s important to know there’s a timer of 10 packs that guarantees a legendary from the set, so you should buy up to 10 packs from each set in standard to get more legendaries. After that only buy packs and minisets from Murder at Castle Nathria and Sunken City.

3 Likes

Thanks for your honesty. I appreciate it. I am just doing it to build my collection. In the long run I can’t really spend much more than what I did today, so getting enough cards to compete in standard wouldn’t be a viable option for me unfortunately.

At least, from what I was told and have read Standard would be difficult for me to even break into by just playing the free part of the game.

So instead of getting some standard packs I figured I would just try to enjoy the PvE aspect; Solo Adventures, and leveling Mercs via bounties, PvP via play Brawls, and Battlegrounds.

Ah well, that definitely is some great advice and I thank you for sharing your knowledge. Right now, I am limited on funds to spend on hobbies, at least until after I get my 2-year college degree. It is possible I may get a gift card later this year from their parents for cards though. Will have to wait and see.

1 Like

There are many people here that are f2p and managed to build a decent collection, you won’t have every single card but you can have quite a few decks if you spend your gold wisely. Check TrumpSC on YouTube, he does f2p runs from time to time and can teach you a few tips to maximize your earnings.

2 Likes

You can totally do competitive F2P if you just focus on a few classes.

1 Like

Well, with your persistent encouragement, which I really appreciate, I will definitely check them out and consider trying to figure out the best way to maximize my Standard collection in F2P aspect.

1 Like

Being f2p is a game itself, I’m not but I try to manage my resources only buying the tavern passes and I have like 80% of the legendaries in standard. The game has become a lot cheaper through the years.

1 Like

Oh, wow that is awesome! I’ve looked at the tavern pass; I assume you use it get gold faster with XP bonuses and go beyond rank 100 for all the bonus gold?

Also, does your shop say “shop closed” often? or Not let you join any of the Solo Adventures? I still haven’t been able to load my Curse of Naxxramas lol. xD

1 Like

I am so bad at arena. Drafting is an art in itself as well.

1 Like

This is very true.

I just celebrated 3 years of sobriety recently. There are says when my brain tries to tell me otherwise but I’ve learned to tell myself to shut up lol.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how how purchasing the old adventures works, sorry I can’t help there.

The shop is closed pretty regularly for short windows. To be fully honest I don’t check it too often.

Hi, just sent you a friend request. Besides, might you be interested in the recruiting thing? Perhaps I could give it a try and also finally get that Morgl portrait for the collection (even though nowadays you can just buy it with gold), while we’re at it.

If you’re interested in Mercenaries in particular, I could give you a lot of advice on how to progress. Besides that, I’va also played Classic, but I dunno how interesting that could be to you.

As Swampface said, it might be worth trying to reach customer support and exchange Naxxaramas for packs available in standard or save the gold for the next miniset.
If I were you I’d first buy the miniset that releases next week for 2000 gold then start buying packs of every expansion in the following order: Castle Nathria → Sunken City → United in Stormwind → Alterac Valley → Forged in the Barrens, until you get a legendary for each set.

1 Like

My mom learned of my new hobby and Zelled me $100. I got the tavern pass and 60 packs; 15 Nathria, 15 Sunken, 15 Stormwind, and 15 Alterac. Also, turned out that when I made my account so long ago, but never played, there were 40 free packs waiting for me to claim.

That was one hell of a opening of cards. However, I was tired so I can’t remember what legendary cards I got. When I claimed the free cards I was given some free legendary cards, which has lost me in which are which.

With all of that said, I threw together a deck I found on the web called Aggro Druid and it won me my first game.

Then I threw together a custom deck on my own to complete a quest to summon Dragon cards, and while I did not win, it was a very intense and close game. Several vital errors I made in playing cards in the wrong order, and also the other opponent seemed to play a deck that felt very methodical in its strategy. Reallly fun games I played.

2 Likes

Get a grasp on what style you like to play and if you want I can give any pointers on what decks you might like.

2 Likes