Free competitive deck for returning player?

Hello,

Took a break from Hearthstone at the beginning of Rastakhan’s Rumble and I’m considering returning.

I’m hearing that players who have not logged on HS for at least 4 months after March 26 will get a “free competitive deck” of their choice. So I would like to know:

1. Is this true? If so, does that mean I should NOT log on until the 26th to get this deck or will I still get it since I haven’t played for 4 months in the past?
  2. Do we know in advance the deck’s composition or is it random?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

You get to choose a deck from any class. You definitely shouldn’t log in till March 26. The decks are the recipes in the collection menu, there are three for each class.

Yeah don’t log in until you know that they’re shipping free decks. They said they would be “meta decks,” have they confirmed that they are the collection menu ones? Because if so you’d want to get your free deck after the expansion when the decks are updated so you get new cards.

UPDATE: I reread the post, is specifically says haven’t logged for 4 months starting March 17th, 2020. So I think you should be fine if you log in now, but I still wouldn’t bother risking it if I were you.

I have read to it counts from March 17th - 4 months.

Hope it is ok to ask here, don’t think it warrants its own thread.

Is this free deck a big deal?

I have only spend 5 bucks on the welcome bundle. Played a little on it since 2017. Only got the classes to level 10, played some of the free solo stories. Never played rank and have now got 1100 gold and 140 dust.

Would I get a lot of value in starting a new account? Even if I decided to spend some money on the game in the coming months?

Free deck is a HUGE deal. You can pick the class and most of the deck formulas have have 3-5 legendaries, which is a lot. They said year of the dragon decks but there’s no way they’re gonna be handing out the current DoD deck recipes that have tons of rotating cards. Most of the decks are probably between 6-9k dust worth of stuff.

I see, thanks!

I have some thinking to do.

I don’t know for sure, but to me that reads like no current accounts will get any decks until July, 4 months after the announcement. I think the thing “beginning on March 17, 2020” is the timer ticking towards your 4 months of not logging in. Tried looking for official confirmation, but judging by the dev/blizz tracker, they barely post here anymore :frowning:

I’ve just started considering returning a bit after ~3 years away myself, so really out of the loop.

I would be very surprised if it meant that, it seems to me like it’s a way to prevent people who didn’t play for a while from getting punished for logging in after the announcement

You can login starting from March 17th.

Please find the twitter conversation below. You will have to scroll down a bit.

https://twitter.com/Impact_onfire/status/1239971656182796291

1 Like