Forum Moderators Can Close This Thread

EDIT: This problem has been solved entirely, at least for the PC version of the game. This thread can be closed as it is no longer relevant.

The Squelch option is not working. You need to fix this as soon as possible. And yes, that means before you next scheduled patch, even if that means you have to patch the game during peak playtime. Get it done. NOW.

I am not looking forward to the moment when the trolls figure out they cannot be squelched. This could potentially lead me to quitting the game until you get it fixed, if it takes too long.

From where I sit, this is a problem that just got moved to the top of your priority list of things to do.

EDIT: This problem has been solved entirely, at least for the PC version of the game. This thread can be closed as it is no longer relevant.

80 Likes

I agree. The Squelch does not work. A player said something to me at end of game that pissed me off and now i stopped playing.

If AutoSquelch had been a thing from start, Blizzard would not look like the total incompetent they are right now.

Fix your stupid game already. Thx.

14 Likes

Blizzard please! I can’t believe this is a thing in 2019

9 Likes

It’s obvious that pissing people off with emotes is somehow beneficial to Blizzard. Otherwise they would have added auto-squelch long ago. It’s a 2 second fix. But for some reason auto-squelch is a money loser for Blizzard. But I instinctively squelch and until it’s fixed I have no desire to play.

15 Likes

Yeah, please fix this soon Blizzard. As people are becoming aware of this bug, they’re starting to just troll by spamming emotes and roping.

6 Likes

I really hope it gets fixed soon, It’s really annoying. To be honest, it’s one of those things that would make me just stop playing the game entirely

12 Likes

Came here just to concur. Terrible oversight and regression.

6 Likes

This is still an issue. Thought it was some new WINE nonsense, but my opponents’ incessant emoting makes me think trolls know.

6 Likes

Can confirm on PC - Squelch does not work. Stopped working just after the patch.

When you right click your opponent’s face and you try to click on Squelch, nothing happens.

5 Likes

Same here. Fix this please!!!

4 Likes

I was just trolled by a player who constantly said well played. well played well playedwell played well played… Could absolutely not concentrate… please fix quickly

4 Likes

That ruins the game, positively :frowning:

2 Likes

Agreed. Not playing the game unless they fix it. They have refused to listen to their player base about their toxic communication system and adding an auto-squelch feature. Nobody likes your emote system except bullies. Blizzard when will you stop enabling bullying?

10 Likes

I’m sure they’re not purposely putting off fixing this issue. I mean, I won’t be playing PvP until it’s fixed (one “good game” when I’m about to lose bugs me far more than it should) but I’m not going to be mad at the Devs for not immediately fixing the issue; it’s annoying but not game breaking.

1 Like

Already disapprove of the barbaric level of communication promoted by simple emotes. If you can’t squelch a opponent it’s just going to go to the heights of annoyance in game and no one is going to want to play. Maybe they want their game to fail?

10 Likes

Yea, Blizz gets obsessed with things normal people would have solved ages ago.
In the meanwhile we bust our heads on the forums. Nice job Blizz

5 Likes

doesn’t work on PC, and crashes the iPad app.

1 Like

I dont like it either but omg “fake heart attack much people”.
After 3 emotes in a row a cd does hit so lets not say the trolling is non stop. But I do agree it is annoying.
They also need to fix the decks. Every time I log out and back in all my decks are half empty.
Kay

1 Like

I can only echo what others have already said. You need to fix this, I don’t play this game to get trolled by idiots. If someone spoke to me in my local gaming store the way people use these emotes I’d take them outside and punch them in the face. Sort it out…

10 Likes

What the hell is this? I use auto squelch cause I can’t focus against spammers, and now I can’t even squelch? Absolutely insane! I’m quiting hearthstone until it’s fixed

8 Likes