Forge of Wills and Snake oil nerfs are WRONG and here is why

Nice try, but this is gonna stay. Removed the dubious words

In case this gets spread around and reaches devs…one can only hope…

Alright, here it goes:

It’s absolutely wrong to nerf Forge of Wills. It’s an old card which is literally a 3 mana do nothing tempo loss card and you made it 4 mana do nothing tempo loss card. It’s conditional on having something big to use on. So it’s a conditionally good card which is now conditionally bad, and usually terrible card.

Now let’s think about which decks are hit by this nerf:

a) Sludge warlock, which is already bad in this meta and got nerfed
b) Custom Warlock/Painlock, which already got his Horror card nerfed, so this is just overkill on top of that, and
c) Wheellock, which also has a 4 mana summon 8/8 or 9/9 with taunt and 2 mana resummon that big taunt.

So HOW in the world do you look at this situation and figure out “hey, let’s nerf the location to 4 mana”? How does that happen?

Please be reasonable and nerf the Endgame, you know, the 2 mana summon a 9/9 taunt? That? Ever heard about that card? Nerf that and revert the location nerf.

Even if Endgame is used in sludgelock deck to resummon Waste remover it’s still 2 mana summon a 5/7 - still broken. But using it to resummon a 9/9 with taunt turn 4 or 5 is just overbroken. And you nerfed the location which doesn’t do anything at all!!

And now the Mage problem. You’ve already succeeded in deleting Hunter and Pally from the game and now you’ve done it with Mage. Understand, nobody wants to play a No minion mage because the support for it is lackluster. The deck isn’t even meme tier, because your plays aren’t highrolly at all. You can just hope you somehow don’t play Wheels and kill yourself - that’s your highroll situation - not killing yourself.

Please stop with insisting on elemental Mage. The deck is board based and therefore unplayable in this meta. Sure, this patch should change it - but it won’t. Ele mage can’t do nothing against Warrior or OTK shaman, and it will remain so even if you make Flash cost 10 mana.

So why in the world would you nerf Snake oil? As a fellow player of both shaman and rainbow mage, trust me when I say only the Mage is hurt by that change. Shamans only use snake oil for card draw, anyway, as it has more than enough dmg, it just needs to draw it.

So with this little change all you did was completely delete Mage from the ladder, nothing else at all.

I wish we don’t have to wait for weeks or months for you to realize this.

1 Like

But End Game is a Resurrect card and those never get nerfed. Doesn’t matter what broken things you can do with them. They are immune to nerfing for some reason.

1 Like

It’s not 3 mana do nothing, it’s 3 mana to summon a 8(+)/8(+) with Rush the next turn (since you are talking about early game/tempo). Of course, later game, it doesn’t even have to wait.

2 Likes

I really dont know how to argue with someone who thinks Forge of Wills was a bad card. Not to mention that Endgame and Forge of Wills arent really that different of a card. One of them copies something already on the board, which can create early swing turns that opponents cant respond to, while the other requires you to have a big demon die, and is a completely dead card if you do not draw that first one. Forge of Wills was so good that every warlock deck builds their deck around it.

2 Likes

I disagree. Forge is ran in multiple decks that are issues. It’s needed a nerf for a long time. This is a nerf that should have been done months ago.

And snake oil giving free mega spell damage was always bs. Decks that use it for early game and draw instead of OTK stuff don’t get impacted.

I agree with both changes 100%.

The game needs to slow the heck down and both nerfs help with that.

4 Likes

And Forge is still better than Crimson Expanse.

LMAO