Fix haro setting sun in heroic

he was never [quote=“dwip-2658, post:41, topic:6767, full:true”]
He seems to be nerfed, i win more against him now, his minions are weaker and the matchup is easier. I won through mill and had 1 hp left lol.
[/quote]

he is not nefed yet and was never unbeatable you were just a cry baby

just beat him this morning with a priest my passive were trash… 3 secret at the start and put 2 curse in his hand

Ahhh, yes. “Curse of Rafaam” … gotta love passive damage cards.
“You’re holding this? Take 2 damage.”

I finally beat the 3rd act heroic tonight because I didnt run into Haro lol.

1 Like

I finally beat part 2 a few days ago because I didn’t run in to Ichoron.
(Also, taking on THE DARKNESS in the Kobolds & Catacombs quest with only 50 health is NOT a good idea - I did it, but I still don’t know how!)

Its a damn shame. Dalaran heist was the best solo adventure by far. It really felt like they had taken the feedback from previous adventures and fixed them to make a better experience…
then you encounter Haro and realize
”oh right, it was made by the same people who think Priest is fun to play against”

I finally did it! I’ve unlocked the Heroic card back after hours and hours of agony I finally beat the heroic chapter 5 dalaran heist… I’ve picked the priest with half cost cards but only 2 can be played per turn (passive) and I was finally lucky and didnt encounter that mothrF… Erhmnm I mean Haro Setting Sun ^^ . Just want to say that i was trying to complete heroic like from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM next day ofc x) , Just that one boss who always strike me down no matter how strong the deck was… Haro the Freaking setting sun…

Came here to complain about this very boss. Blizzard’s idea of ‘fun and challenging’ is creating a boss who invalidates every choice/play you made in the previous 6 or 7 rounds. Why do they always seem save the most heavy RNG bosses for the end? Who wants to struggle through just to have your run ended on a coin flip?

Although at this point, I would honestly rather play a boss called “the coin”. The match starts and a coin flips. If you win the coin flip you win the game and the boss dies. Otherwise you lose. At least it wouldn’t be a frustrating waste of time, and they may as well be upfront with it. It would perfectly encapsulate the blizzard design philosophy.

2 Likes

Two words: RASIL FIREBORNE. If you haven’t faced him yet, you should consider yourself lucky. Biggest jerk of a boss I’ve faced in HS. Even Jepetto was easier.

The fundamental issue with Haro Setting-Sun on Heroic is that he punishes you harshly for investing your deck into the early game, whereas almost every other boss heavily encourages you to build a strong early game.

With other bosses, you need to take the board early on or you’ll be overwhelmed. But with Haro, your priority instead changes to getting lots of huge minions on the board, ASAP. Otherwise you’ll get wrecked by his Resurrects.

Frankly, having played against Haro post-nerf, I haven’t noticed much of a meaningful change in difficulty. I almost never win against him.

1 Like

Curious about this too, after bringing this up in a recent reply. How did you reduce the power of his Hero Power? And more importantly: If making him appear less often is your idea of “balance”, how is the “challenge” of this game not heavily based on percentages independent of player interaction?

Pretty drastic; his passive power now reduces your minions’ attack by 1, not 2.

Not sure if they changed any cards.

I’m not really a fan - I think they should have added a mana cost to -2 attack, not cut it in half, but, the guy was a beast.

1 Like

It was still not a fun matchup when I was playing. I feel like it needs a more creative, thought-out change. Like, Remove a bunch of the rez cards, and make his Hero Power “Your opponent’s minions have -2 attack and Taunt”.

Just an idea, based on the notion that hard counters and unwinnable matchups are just not fun to nearly every gamer I know. But I doubt Blizzard will put that much effort in.

The only way to beat him

1. Get deathstalker Rexxar
  2. Build at least 3 zombeasts from ”dreadscale” and ”giant wasp”

If are unable to complete any of the above steps, then don’t even bother fighting him

1 Like

I mean, not technically true, but yeah, I feel your frustration.

Lemme propose a game that’s built around difficulty, that many of the “git gud” defenders here reference. Let’s call it Fark Fouls.

You know what would make that game great? If 5 seconds into facing a boss, it summoned a late game boss, like the Fed ff Fhaos. Then kept summoning it whenever you killed it. That would be good game design and fun because it’s “challenging” correct?

This is the only way I’ve seen heroic haro been beaten… just happened to me, posted 2min ago —> imgur (dot) com /a/CGwn1eI

Great design. I had robes of gauginess and the “deal 3 damage to all enemy minions” treasures. Great curve. Turn 2: Steals my 0 cost hellfire Turn 3: steals my treasure Turn 7: Psychic scream and at that point it’s gg, last turn I was able to remove his deck and place a void lord foolishly believing I would live. Little did I know in his hand he had lich king rng removal x2 + switch minion hp with attack. Instantly removing my taunts and nuking me for 40 dmg. So fun. :slight_smile: KYS designer.

1 Like