Firebat explaining warrior

Exactly what I said few days ago, Warrior doesn’t need Dr.Boom to stay in Tier 1.

Town Crier, Eternium Rover, Dyn-o-matic, Super Collider, Brawl, Warpath, Mummy (list goes on) are combined the real powerhouse behind Warrior’s strength. Dr.Boom is just the hero card icing, besides that Boom is also theme/main-character of the expansion.

Past days Quests dominated the ladder (from a popularity perspective), apparently THOSE were the meme-decks.

Warrior (former top-tier) was killing meme-decks AND aggro. Of course Warrior would come out as winner. But now meta starting to get serious.

1 Like

I really would love to see comparison of winrate of CW running Boom and CW running without Boom.

Mechs without rush are way less impactful. So now you can ping one huge minion and trade to another minion thus maintaining absolute board control (make sure opponent do not have any board)

Absolutely bang on.

The problem is a trinity is ridiculously easy to balance. It’s the lazy designer route. A control deck can be absolutely bonkers, jammed with a huge array of premium removal and value and combo will still counter it, becoming more popular if the control ever becomes meta because you get a higher ratio of easy match-ups. Thus as bonkers as it is, the control will settle at 50% winrate and for all intents and purposes the game appears balanced.

They no longer really attempt to make individual cards fair or balanced, they just churn out insane cards to lure players into buying packs because “omg cool that card looks nuts I want it” and let the trinity balance the meta for them.

The result is a game that looks fine but feels frustrating to play.

Now warrior is more proactive. They play quite a bit of guys early. Flunkception early. Remove all your stuff mid and semi late. Late start playing 7/10 duel summon taunts.