Fire Festival decreasing rewards

At least in that case you can dust the normal copy, so it still worths something (if it is an epic/legendary, I probably don’t have the original copy so it’s even better, like the epic naga from the pass)

2 Likes

I’d rather have the choice, since some of the justification for the rewards being okay previously were that people put value on the skins in the battlepass and we already had 1000 win skins which look pretty mint and the fact that you can only have one skin on at a time, at least for me I am unlikely to ever use these skins and nor do they have 1500 gold value to me. With the way they are sneakily taking away from the gold/dust gradually over time and making quests harder to complete, it makes me think that when I go overseas it might be almost the last time I play hearthstone and by that I mean I might log in one day just to see how things are going, I already spent some dust kinda non optimally for fun choices which is what I usually do with every game just before I bail out.

2 Likes

You cannot complain about something being given for free.

Really?

So if I crapped on your kitchen table and freely gave you the free turd, you are not allowed to complain about being given a free turd?

Blizzard gave us a turd in the form of a mercenary pack, and you bet we can complain about getting crapped on.

2 Likes

We are so time invested into their franchise, I for one grinded the hell out of it when it was 10g/3wins with 3 minute games, put in several hours of grinding to obtain the rights to play on equal footing with other players, or those players who spent like $1000 over the first few years and since stopped are going to have a hard time versus the new content, it just really drills into you that you are indeed renting the content and you do not own it or rather that there will be ongoing costs and probably more than what you paid previously, if that is ethical to you then that is just our difference in opinion. Again also there is limited innovations to justify this, like the infuse keyword is basically not a new thing, we’ve seen that on lots of cards previously, they just didn’t call it infuse, so clearly they think they are onto a winning formula and it’s up to you at what point you agree/disagree.

3 Likes

That is the worst example ever. Your getting something for free in a game that costs money to play and thats a good thing.

I dont complain and i spend more than most on the game.

Not if it isn’t a useful thing.

Blizzard is peeing on our collective legs and you’re over here telling us to be grateful they brought us some rain.

Both of those positions are yours to take, but it is equally valid to call out the company as has been done in the thread.

3 Likes

While I agree the first fire festival was unparalleled in the value it offered, even more back then, when blizzard was super stingy with all their rewards. It doesn’t change the fact that giving random numbers to different rewards to prove their point is disingenuous at best… one could also argue that for a lot of players are a tickets isn’t worth 150g ( but merely 60 dust), but of course in this case it support their point so they assign maximum worth to these, compared to nerf packs and cosmetics…

1 Like

If it was an extra event (like the tavish one), I would agree; but since this is the fire festival, aka the event that used to give us a lot of stuff, it’s understandable to be very disappointed.

Let’s assume the next battlepass will give us only one free legendary instead of two:

1. would you complain because they removed one, or
  2. would you thank them because they are giving you one free legendary?

Choose one without lying; I choose option 1

1 Like

an arena gives you the newest pack and some gold (I don’t remember how much) at worse; so if you are going to buy packs, the ticket is worth at least 110 gold

1 Like

Think if you just create a deck and retire it ( if you don’t want to play) you only get the pack. Also 100g is better than a pack imo, specially a month before a new expansion

2 Likes

Its evident that we are getting less and less each year but I hate the way hs mathematics interprets data.

To hs mathematics it works like this:

1- A reward system gives u 50 gold per day per quest completion, thus 150 gold in 3 days.

2- A new reward system gives u 40 gold per day plus 50 gold if u complete a quest each day for 3 days, thus giving u 170 gold.

But for hs mathematics u must simply ignore the bonus and only calculate the base rewards of 120.

And I’m not even talking about speculations about numbers about the player base or how hs mathematics calculates dust from packs.

1 Like

Your comparing something thats paid for as in the pre order not something thats free

Not a like for like comparison :wink:

While some people see it that way, I do not.

I NEVER use gold cards if I have a choice. I will go so far as to DE a golden to make the regular copy because I hate the way they look on the screen.

When I see someone using all golden cards in a deck, my first thought is, “wow, this one’s a real @$#@#$.”

After the first two tickets, I don’t need more. I have open runs in duels and arena, and I will restart them whenever those modes are reset and take my free stuff and go.

I think I have about a dozen saved up, so they aren’t worth anything to me, either.

You and your grammar and logic are the most insufferable thing I’ve ever seen .

the free pass gives us 2 legendary (I never mentioned the preorder).
I think it’s a fair comparison; the fire festival event is something we expect every year and it usually gave us a lot of resources.
Just like the pass: I expect at least 2 free legendary cards; if there are less than 2, I will complain

the question is still open if you want to answer