Final boss dalaran bank -queen tog- conjurer's calling

On my son’s account we battled queen toggwaggle and she nabbed Rhonin from our deck with her hero power. And I forget for sure, but one of two things happened

1. Turn after next we used sylvannas windrunner to steal back Rhonin and cast conjurer’s calling on Rhonin to summon 4 minions
    or
  2. we killed Rhonin returning him to our hand via the queens hero power and played him and then CC’d him.

I am 85% sure it was #1, but either way the 4 minions (Khadgar :smiley: ) summoned on the queens side of the board! Luckily we had a board clear and still won the match later, but I think this was a bug. I looked at the list of events and there was nothing that should have declared Rhonin as the queen’s minion that was visible.

Similar issues with her power have been reported a few times. I’m don’t think there has been an official statement, but from what I can tell, this happens because the Deathrattle to return the minion to the opponent’s hand wasn’t implemented like other similar effects (e.g. Weasel Tunneler).

Most effects like that go through complicated efforts to ensure that moving the dead minion to a new zone doesn’t interfere with effects that expect it to still be in the graveyard of the player it died for. The Deathrattle given by Wagtoggle’s Bribery power seems to just be “Deathrattle: move this card to the enemy hand,” with no extra measures to dissociate the dead minion from the card. So after Conjurer’s Calling kills its target, it summons the two new minions for the same owner. It checks the owner just before the summon, and consequently never realizes that the minion swapped sides.

Some other cases are noted here: https://github.com/HearthSim/hs-bugs/issues/1192.