Feeling overwhelmed

I just finished the apprenticeship and I feel it’s impossible to win any games now. Everyone has all gold cards and deck designs I can’t compete with

1 Like

which class are you playing and how big is your card collection?

Corax this game is a long term investment, you will need to play around 5-8 hours a day as a new player in order to catch up to someone who drops $500-$1000 on packs. Your only option is to play Ladder with one deck for 100-250 days, play battlegrounds (average game is 30-40 minutes for top 4), then once you invest all your gold, you will need to do it again for the next expansion and hope half the cards you crafted don’t go into wild.

You will have fun playing the same deck 3000x everyday, most likely an aggro deck, or you can drop some money. Players like me who started a long time ago can enjoy the game casually since we have lots of dust and gold reserves. If you are a new player you will have to grind and possibly lose a lot.

So tl;dr, as a new player you will:

1. Play the same deck 300+ times and have 28%-30% winrate.
  2. Save up within the expansion/season only to have that deck be replaced due to rotation of cards
  3. rinse and repeat! unless you drop money
    3b) quit the game
2 Likes

Dont play aggro if you dont like it, becuz aggro is about the least interesting decktype there is.
You will need to learn the basics when to trade etc if you want i can help you or anyone here on forums.

No offence but i dont think you did the appropriate research b4 getting involved, this game is not friendly to new players, you really have to buy your way upto the current standard and wild wont even be an option.