Face Hunter (SA)

hsreplay doesn’t cover top 200 specifically, which is the true high legend meta.

you can argue all you want, the good players who actually fight to qualify are near that rank at all time.

so yes, the ‘‘high’’ legend data isn’t accurate because top 1000 isn’t high legend.

For the guys who are actually consistently at the top of the ladder top 1000 is dumpster.

Here’s a good (and very, very long) essay. I’m not saying I agre, just that it provides a counterpoint.

h ttps://docs .google .com/document/d/1qaHp_jLqqGQcS5U5IbievMK9fb-XJ1qgkJVr_yJFoYU/edit

1 Like

To what?

That’s a really narrow band and is an outlier, not a meta defining place.

One could argue that none of their data is relevant because they’re playing a different game (among themselves) than the rest of us in dumpster legend.

Top 200 legend isn’t the meta.

2 Likes

To the general idea that HSReplay data is useful.

This was the general idea…

Which led to…

The overly broad assertion that some data is bad is meaningless. Tell us which data is bad and why you believe that.

And such a tight group of players is hardly even a “meta”. What they play and what they tech against is often irrelevant to anyone other than the top 200 players on that server, which is why super-specific streamer builds often don’t translate to good ladder decks, because they aren’t actually optimized to be played against the other 99.9999% of players.

It seems a bit silly to go to a discussion board for a game and essentially assert that anyone not within the top 0.0001% of players is dumpster and irrelevant for discussion. The fact is almost anyone who isn’t a streamer or pro will find considerably more value in data that’s relevant to the actual meta over the tippity top of Legend players.

4 Likes

The number of actual games daily is millions, while sites harvest that data for a week or 2. If you took all of them, they maybe can reach one day, so none are accurate.

Deck only really is unfavored vs rez priest and which nobody runs, miracle rogue which everyone abandoned ship after Secret Pass nerf, DH which wrecks it, and paladin which is trending down. Favored vs everything else. Power score of 100 according to VS and 70% winrate at HS replay. Everything lined up perfectly for face hunts to take over meta and it has. Face is the place has never been better. Great job with limited heals Blizzard. Its no wonder everyone and there mom is making smorc decks. I made legend with it on autopilot mode. So yes it is that good and the numbers say so. Welcome to Me smart Meta!

To be fair, not everyone can stomach playing aggro.

1 Like