Face Hunter (SA)

Do you honestly think this deck’s that good?

The only times I find myself losing is when they have the absolute giga-nuts.

According to people with premium HSReplay accounts it falls rapidly at Legend.

1 Like

I mean, every time I’ve picked up and given the deck a try, I feel like I’m nowhere near the driver’s seat.

You literally just dump your hand half the time and hope they don’t have answers and you topdeck Kill Command, Hounds or Reader.

It feels immensely unsatisfying, and I’m actually surprised the deck sports as high a win rate as it does - even in the lower ranks.

Guess it’s the secrets people struggle with. Like always.

I think it does so well because it’s consistent. There’s very little RNG involved outside of phase stalker and dragonbane. Unlike a ton of decks these days it does exactly what it wants to do. It falls off at diamond and legend because the quality of opponents and their decks is higher.

6 Likes

I’m at 55% through 29 games at L1100. Seems pretty good at being able to find lethal with 2 tracking and 2 readers.

Face

Class: Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Demon Companion

2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter

2x (1) Intrepid Initiate

2x (1) Tour Guide

1x (1) Toxic Reinforcements

2x (1) Tracking

2x (1) Wolpertinger

2x (2) Explosive Trap

2x (2) Phase Stalker

2x (2) Scavenger’s Ingenuity

1x (2) Snake Trap

2x (2) Voracious Reader

2x (3) Animal Companion

2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow

2x (3) Kill Command

1x (4) Dragonbane

1x (4) Maiev Shadowsong

AAECAR8ExwOFsAOHsAPtvgMNqAK1A8kElwj+DPuvA/yvA/+6A9zMA5vNA6LOA4LQA8bRAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It’s easy to farm wins in casual mode with, I’ll give you that.

People just make silly mistakes all the time, and it’s easy to abuse those as a face deck.

That’s not what VS report is saying.

• Face Hunter continues to top the win rate charts at legend. Keep sleeping on this deck, and it will keep winning! The deck’s matchup spread is just very well-rounded, with its biggest counter being Soul Demon Hunter. Its role in the current meta is very important, as it’s the main force that’s preventing Bomb Warrior from spinning out of control. With Aggro Rogue’s decline and the meta slowing down, we’re seeing some classes justifiably shed some anti-aggro tools, which helps Face Hunter’s standing against them (a good example is Druid).
3 Likes

What are you playing?

Nobody is saying it’s a no weakness meta tyrant.

Thanks. That report came out mere hours after I opened my big tap. :joy:

It’s strong against anything slow or that lacks a lot of heal.

I’ve been laddering with soul fragment DH, precisely because it wrecks that deck. And face Hunter is very common around D10-1.

Games are fast, win or lose. Gets you to diamond from bronze in a hour or less then you can afk for the rest of the month.

2 Likes

I suck with face hunter lol. I typically play more control oriented decks so the concept of face hunter is hard for me to accept…

I see people meme that face hunter goes face unless there is taunt, is it really that simple? You always ignore the board to go face? Just feels wrong to me to completely ignore the board!

1 Like

it’s the kind of deck that’s really good at low ranks because it takes no skill whatsoever to pilot, the opponents are bad and use budget version of meta decks.

Once you play against good players it’s suddenly okay and not meta-breaking.

I’m the same. I did well with it up to diamond. Now that I’m facing better players with better decks I find myself having to pay attention to the board. That drastically lowers my damage output and leaves me hoping to top deck.

Wait, that would imply decisions and skill… you must have the wrong deck, lol.

1 Like

What’s interesting about this is that based on not just last week’s podcast from VS, but also this week’s report, this isn’t actually true. The deck retains its status as the best performing deck even in upper Legend.

1 Like

I watch TOP legend player streams all the time (top 200ish) and don’t see much hunters.

Doesn’t change the data being contributed, even if it isn’t ridiculously common.

2 Likes

Data isn’t always accurate.

If it were that good many more players who are actually trying to qualify would play it.

We totally covered this in another thread, but if you are going to assert that HSReplay or other aggregating service has incorrect data, you would need to back that up with evidence.

lol

Except for all the players that hate aggro and denigrate it at every turn. Those people wouldn’t play it, they would come here and complain about it.