Eye Beam nerf oversight

Too much focus on the card text itself and making comparisons to cards like scorch. Yes, the card reads “this costs 1” for outcast. That’s great. It works exactly like scorch in outcast. No one is disputing that.

The question is, was this intended to conflict with card discounts?

If the card was released at “This costs 1” in outcast, there wouldn’t be an issue. But the fact that the text read “this costs 0” and a hasty nerf changed it to “this costs 1” and suddenly creates a conflict with outcast and mana discounts, you have to question whether this was intended. There is no way that it is, in my opinion. Without confirmation from the devs, we won’t know for absolute certain.

You have a pretty hard time here I see

Dude. It’s a nerf- it’s supposed to be not as good. I’m sorry that you don’t like the way in which it’s not as good.

This is serious ignorance. The nerf made eye beam cost one more mana in outcast. It appears to be hastily implemented and causes a 0 mana eye beam to become 1 mana in the outcast slot. I would have a very, very hard time believing this is intentional. It should be fixed or at the very least, inform us that the outcast mechanic is intended to be a drawback in this very specific situation.