Extra basic card copies offered as Arena reward

I got Psychic Conjurer offered as an Arena Reward.

I do now have three copies of a basic card in my collection.
I’m sure this was not supposed to happen.

2 Likes

Just happened to me as well in one of the boxes of my 12 win arena run I got a golden Psychic Conjurer. It feels liked being scammed because this extra copy of a BASIC card which I already owned 2 normal and 2 golden copies before is a complete DO NOTHING because I can’t even dust it since that is not an option for cards from the basic set.

This also affected me. It’s a bummer to lose out on a small but still a reward. I opened a support ticket and the Blizzard Employee referred me to report it here.

Yeah this just happened to me as well. It was also psychic conjurer. Seems like a small issue, so hopefully they get it fixed soon

Was referred by CS to report it here. I received a golden Power Infusion as an arena reward, and so I had three golden cards in total. A day later the extra card has been removed from my collection. However, I don’t think I received any replacement reward.

This is the (translated) response to my support ticket:

Hello […],

thank you for your ticket. I’m […], or Game Master […] .Thank you for the ticket because of the loot system. I can understand your frustration very well, because I am also unlucky with loot. In order to clarify the case for you, I will explain the loot system in more detail in general:

You can compare our loot system (and that of many other games) very well with a dice. As you know, a dice has 6 sides by default. In WoW, however, these sides do not consist of numbers but of cards.

If you now roll the dice, you may often roll the same number in a row (you probably know that if you had a losing streak in a board game). It is the same with the items. It is completely normal that you get several identical cards from time to time or cards that you do not need and mathematically that is completely correct.

Of course, I can understand that it can be annoying. However, there is no error in our loot system.

Uhm… Yes, there is a bug, as stated by Community Manager Kerfluffle in this post 17.0 Hotfix Update !

For precisely these cases, the developers have set it up so that you can disenchant these cards that you don’t need and then use the dust to create other cards.

No, I can’t disenchant basic cards.

I hope that I was able to explain the case to you in a reasonably understandable manner and thank you for your understanding!

I probably understand the loot and dust system better than this GM.

In any case, I keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you lots of luck! :slight_smile:

We wish you all the best, good health and lots of fun in Hearthstone

Your Game Master TeamBlizzard Entertainment Europe

I’m really upset about this GMs response and ignorance even suggesting me to disenchant a basic card.

For worse: the hotfix removed my third copy of my Psychic Conjurer, so my loot crate was replaced with just nothing.