Error code: BLZBNTBNA000003E8

I get “Error code: BLZBNTBNA000003E8” when trying to connect to Battle.net through the Battle.net app. I simply cannot log in. The Battle.net works, but fails to connect regardless if this is through WiFi or via an Ethernet cable connection.

I updated both the Battle.net and Hearthstone apps, and after that I was never able to log in to my Battle.net account on my mac Mini, thus rendering Hearthstone unplayable. Funny that I was still able to play Diablo 3 accessing it directly, rather than through the Battle.net app.

So the real issue is that Battle.net cannot go online, and as such shows “Error code: BLZBNTBNA000003E8”. In other words, the Battle.net app does open, but it simply cannot connect.

I also opened a ticket and exposed the issue. I followed all of their suggestions, but nothing work, yet they would continue to claim things like that my Internet connection was having issues, which was not the case, as my iPhone was still able to connect and run Hearthstone without issues under my same Internet service. They also wanted to blame it on me not updating my operating system, yet setup still meets the minimum requirements:

Mac

Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Operating System OS X® 10.12 (latest version) macOS® 10.13 (latest version)
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Intel® Core™ i3 or better
Video NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 2600 Pro NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 5670 or better
Memory 2 GB RAM 4 GB RAM
Storage 3 GB available HD space
Internet Broadband Internet connection
Input Keyboard and mouse, or touchscreen
Resolution 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution

Here are the specs as to avoid the Customer Support representative asking for them:

Mac mini (Late 2012)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

P.S. - At least I’ve been more productive with my life ever since I couldn’t log in to Battle.net .