Dust refund and nerf

would I get full refund from the following scenarios?

1. I buy boomsday packs before nerf, open after nerf and got dr boom.
  2. I buy boomsday packs AFTER nerf, open after nerf and got dr boom.

Kindly also include in your reply whether your answer is based on evidence or your speculation. Thanks!

It won’t matter when you buy packs since the full dust amount will be offered for the ‘nerfed cards’ for a time period after the change (typically a week or two).

I.e. any time a nerfed card is dusted will provide the full DE value (within the DE window)

Hope this helps.

Not based on personal experience since I only buy packs on expansion release dates, but I do have experience dusting nerfed cards.

As Viktoras said, there is a two week grace period to dust nerfed cards for full value. This was the way it was before, and I see no reason why they should change it.

Statistically - does anyone see value in buying 40 boomsday packs to try and get dr boom and pocket galaxy, so that you can get full dust refund, if you get them in your packs?

Assuming 2 legendaries in 40 packs, and I already have 9 legendaries from boomsday project (no dr boom and no pocket galaxy).

I actually think that in this case, the odds are NOT good to buy 40 packs if you have 2 / 16 chances of getting dr boom and/or pocket galaxy, which means free 3200 dust (if I intend to dust them). Because then you would be spending 4000 gold (worth 4400 dust) to get 3200 potential dust. Which is NOT very worthwhile!

Any statistics student can help verify my calculation?

Probably not. Since you said you have 9 legendaries already, I’m guessing your set completion in the other rarites is pretty high already, so 40 extra packs would give you a couple more epics and 2 legs. If there are other epics and legs that you don’t have yet that you might like, then maybe the packs are more worth it. But otherwise, the value diminishes as you open more duplicates per pack, than from a set you have fewer cards from.

In short, don’t count on getting lucky, but if you do score a Dr Boom or LPG, the dust from it is a bonus.

1 Like

Thanks, you are spot on about the fact that I have most of the other cards already, and the missing leg and epics don’t really affect me much. So even if I do spend 4000 gold to buy and get the dr boom / LPG (solely for the purpose of full dust refund), I’m guessing you mean it’s not worth it too?