Don't BM. Simple as that

If you’ve already won, just shut up and take the W. It’s not cool to bm, it’s not funny, no one cares about whatever compilation you’re making. It’s childish. Stop it.

4 Likes

I have to BM Discover Knights, Mages, and Control Priests, though. Doctor’s orders.

9 Likes

If you know you lost, just concede.

The longer you play the game, the more you will learn that good faith efforts will only be punished by the behaviour you have referenced.

7 Likes

They’re picturing exactly this reaction when they do it. They want you to be mad. Just shrug it off.

2 Likes

Toughen up.

Don’t let people get to you.

5 Likes

This.

Me thinking I’m being nice and telling the opponent good game in the only way you can in HS:

Well Played.

People like the OP:

Seriously, not everyone is BMing. Get over it. If you get this hurt/triggered, just squelch every person every game at the start so you can protect your feelings.

13 Likes

Also… on the “what did they mean by that?” thought process…

I try adding a friend to genuinely compliment them or comment on how cray the game was…

I never get accepted friend requests anymore. Everyone assumes you’re gonna flame them.

Whatever.

2 Likes

what does “compilation” means in that context ?

I only BM when my opponent takes his time to kill me.

A YouTube clip or something similar.

I guess I’m alone in my ability to make legit friends through respectful gameplay and friend requests then. Ive made a decent list too…

1 Like

There is little good sportsmanship in this game. And its magnified by the lack of social pressure to stop. People enable this garbage behavior by making light of it or defending it altogether. Human beings are cruel and self serving by nature. That is only reinforced by the anonymity provided through the internet and the high rate of mental illness and an overall lack of empathy and goodwill. I ignore most while playing this game and try to be different. I don’t BM and will respond to good sportsmanship with the same. I have actually got a few on my friends list over the years this way so there is always an exception to the toxic masses.

3 Likes

Idk how much you are into League, but some players legit think that people say “gg” only to brag (for example, Biofrost said he believes that). At some point, people will get triggered when they see anything in chat xD

1 Like

I played it for many, many years. Just recently stopped because I got bored of it.

Yeah, I’ve mentioned this before. I think people who get offended might be the newer generation of gamer, that’s my theory anyway. Back in my days of Starcraft, GG was common place and it was meant as good manners. When I was learning to play Starcraft in South Korea, we would often get up and nod/shake hands to the player we played against after a game. And before any game ended, the loser/winner would both say GG to each other, didn’t matter who initiated it.

Nowadays, as you said:

People have become so sensitive. That’s likely because the gaming world exploded and evolved more as it took on internet competitive play. The gamers nowadays who grew up playing Halo/CoD likely grew up with all that toxicity built in thinking it’s normal. Well, it WASN’T normal back in the 90’s. Gaming with others was very respectful for the most part.

Now when someone says “good game” they automatically think they’re being insulted and their egos are so fragile they can’t handle it.

There are still some of us out there that are extremely respectful and hold to our old traditions. I’m not gonna let someone’s fragile ego try to deter me away from saying “Well played” because it hurts their feelings, especially so when I’m meaning it in a polite way.

2 Likes

Being offended by BM, either real or imagined, is also a choice. You can decide not to be affected by it.

3 Likes

no. i will milk, any other wild opponent with stupid meta deck, time if i can to the max. I will wait and emote nonstop till they concede. Especially those who can’t even emote hi at the start.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Like those greedy secret mages who know they lost or control priest, and they keep the match going for another10 mins for no reason

This, we dont get to pick our allergies, we dont get to pick the wombs we arrived from, we dont get to pick our friend’s noses… but we do make an active choice to be offended or annoyed by anything. That choice is optional. choose a better option instead.

You’re giving these guys exactly what they want by posting this

what is “bm”?

thanks

1 Like