Does Blizzard Balance around the notion that players typically only play one class?

Because that’s the reality for many of us. Hearthstone is too expensive a game to reasonably be expected to have collections to experiment with across multiple classes

8 Likes

they balance with the notion of: oh you only play the class we butchered? too bad, better get that money rolling so you get into a new class that we will also butcher soon and keep repeating the cycle while we become rich

7 Likes

Who is your “us”? People who didn’t pay a dollar? Who would care about them and why?

Im gonna make the usual example of Riot and LoL.

• Its a game that costs 0 if you give it enough time.
  • Its also a game that s #1 on the charts
  • Riot makes tons of money out of it

Conclusion: Every company loves the whales but apparently you can make a lot more money from a huge f2p community. Why? Cause the f2p community is whats gonna make your game famous.
Which is why im going full on LoR. Not saying im gonna give up on Hs but im gonna try something different and if i see that it works as i expect than goodbye Blizzard.

1 Like

The only problems with LoR imo are:

while i love the concept of forced slow aquisition, to keep the field a bit even, it creates a very frustrating early game experience (like, right now) since everyone kinda plays with the same cards.

but this will pass, it’s only for 1-2 weeks till the spenders can have enough bling and we have like 2 weekly chests and some rewards, that the decks will diversify.

the problem that won’t pass that early is actual lack of cards.

i do play LoR now more than HS (well, it’s fresh) but i played extensively in the 1st closed beta, and the thing is, due to the lmited amount of cards, it starts getting a bit repetitive.

not that HS didn’t have metas where you only faced like 2-4decks, but in LoR there will be that lmited till expansions and new cards start to roll in, which can take a while for a new game.

we’ll see, maybe the slow roll of available cards due to how the system works, will help a bit there actually, since you can’t like craft all t1 decks in 1 day, so people will have for a time different decks.

Well i started playing LoR today (open beta at last :stuck_out_tongue: ) and i got to say i like the way it handles things.
As for the limited amount of cards, well its a game thats just starting so its only normal for this to happen + new players will have the option to built a good collection from 0.
Lets see how this is gonna go…

1 Like

No offense Shroud but this isn’t Fortnite where the grind is out of the question, just install, queue and ur on the same “plain field” as your opponent.

I do get your point of not having that much diversity which I would kinda argue agaisn’t since there are like 30 decks to be made in the game already even though they share most of the “meta” cards but if you look at Heartstone where is the diversity ?

Everyone plays Gala Rogue, Gala/Bomb Warrior, Embiggen/Token Druid, Face Hunter, Control Lock and Rezz Priest. That’s 90% of the decks on EVERY single match on Legend Rating since December… literally lol.

EDIT: In LoR people are playing P&Z Aggro Deck, SI Shark Aggro tank, Dawnspiders Midrange Deck, Control SI, Jinx Aggro Deck, SI OTK Deck, Zed Elites, Fiora Combo Deck etc etc etc etc etc. There is literally more diversity in 2 days of this game than in 3 months of HS :rofl:

1 Like

What I’m saying is that the decks kinda boil down to a few after a bit.

If you haven’t played in the beta, so you haven’t “seen” the decks already ofc it’ll be more fresh.

It’s not weird, and it certainly isn’t a “fault” of a new card game (limited sets).

I’m certain that in time it’ll be naturally be fixed by the introduction of more cards.

2 Likes

Oh true true, that’s a factor for sure since I didn’t play on the closed beta at all but didn’t the changes affect the perfomance/build of the decks themselfs? At least regarding Anivia/Kalista and some others I heard of.

Yea I think so as well, eventually new regions/cards will be added and different builds will be set up it’s just a matter of time.

Speaking as a total rookie in the game I’m enjoying the Shark deck, I’m still not sure if it is the top tier since I’m missing 3 Lucians but it definitly does have potential and requires some thought process in terms of plays. I felt like the Ultimate Control SI one was kinda tricky as well but more straight forward and kinda reminded me of Ressurect Priest slowness which is kinda… meh… but that’s how the Control decks behave in every card game obviously.

Nah man, just dumb thousands of dollars to get the entire collection. That way you don’t have to worry. I mean it’s clear they don’t give you benefits for playing only one class and rather you just have mis matched cards and uncompleted decks. Being able to open duplicates off all types of cards expect Legendary is a joke. Maybe if I’m opening 50-100 packs that matters. Not gonna happen when 2800 of my saved gold is going to buy the adventure because I refuse to put any more dollary-doos into this company.

I’ll be playing until rotation. Then my advice is get out before you are consumed with the idea that we should keep this charade going. I should have quit for good when Standard was announced and never looked back. But I got bored and decided I wanted to give it another shot. And now coming back to a bad master instead of a good servant is just not doing it for me.

1 Like

I could point out that if a lot of people stop playing/quit the game it becomes a lot more boring for the people who are still invested in the game (smaller pool of players in the game to play with), for streamers/competitions to get views, to continuously refill the playerbase of players(people who quit/competitive players) etc…it is harder to get engaged as much in the game if it gets a smaller playerbase as compared to games with a large playerbase.

Whether HS is going to go to that stage? Debatable tbh, but that’s the reason why the company should still care about f2p/light spenders

This isnt a good comparison. How exactly would hearthstone monetize if not selling the cards? Apples and Oranges if ive ever seen it.

This guy gets it.

That and queueing you in to your counter deck are real money spinners.

Hold your horses. First days of release doesnt mean much. Artifact was #1 too til the hype run off.

CCGs are more costly-time consuming by their nature. I agree on that. I was answering on:

and my point is that there are games out there that are absolutely free and still make huge profits.

I was talking about LoL. Las time i checked was no 1. Not sure if it fell or anything but its 100% sure its on top 10

Oof me. I just saw RIOT and presumed LoR. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

They balance the game around the notion of how much money they can win through purchase of new cards and packs, it’s a simple trick to never let the game fully balanced so meta is constantly changing and players are constantly trying to keep up with the changes by spending money with the game. That’s all.

2 Likes