Do you think other classes could pull of a rune/specialties?

Although it seems like they abandoned the concept recently in DK.

The problem is the amount of rework.

I mean seems to me You could do arcane fire and frost. {as a mage main anyway} Just need some payoff cards. It would bit a work but it would spice up the game.

what do you mean
they released 2 rune cards you cant play on the same deck using the rune system

Definitely, but how well the Hearthstone team would do at it is a whole other thing

1 Like

Yes, that would be the only way of keeping DK as is in the game and balance the classes how they want. But the amount of extra work just with designing cards every expansion makes me believe it will never happen.

Mage is an obvious choice that will never happen, because it would inflate the play rate numbers of a class thats already overplayed.

This type of cool mechanic reworks should only be done for new classes or boring classes that only see play when they are OP in the meta.

So Demon Hunter and Paladin are the only current ones that should be looked at for this.

1 Like

I think he meant that they focused on Rainbow for last expansion or two. But you are right, sadly Team 5 sticks to the runes :frowning:

i remember people posted “stop supporting rainbow deck itll NEVER be competitive !” :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, sure. If you put enough support anything can become competitive. We remember Silence Priest.

DK is bad enough.
We didn’t need more of that.

If anything take out and rebalance DK.

1 Like

Difficult to say. It worked well on priest being either shadow or healing or a combo of the two right up until it didn’t. But hypothetically/aesthetically I think demon hunter could do something similar with the tattoo system he had back in WoW. It would either be tattoos or differently curved horns as those served a purpose beyond just character customization! Were his horns for attracting mates? (Drawing/summoning/Plague rune)
Or for repelling predators?
(Removal options/Blood rune)
Or was it’s purpose to stun you with it’s beauty like a peacock? (Frost Rune/I ran out of ideas for this analogy)

Shadow Priest was totally different. The only exception is that you cannot run Spells other than shadow. Runes limit everything: spells, minions, weapons, locations, heroes.

After returning from a long break and seeing DK as the new hero, I thought that the rune system applied to all classes, and was disappointed this wasn’t the case.

With that said, they could easily do this, and this would be a good way to balance the game to stop some of the more degenerate metas. Instead of flat out nerfing the stats, mana cost, or wording of an overperforming card, then they can make the rune cost more stringent. Also, all classes already can split between 2-4 different rune categories already.