Do new players actually come to HS

new players here, how did you like the tutorial and the level restriction to access other game modes? did you like playing ranked with 20-25 cards in your collection?

I am new to the game and I’ve played for about 3 weeks. Normal mode is the biggest waste of time there is. I don’t have money to spend on the game and its getting very clear you need to buy all these crazy cards that people are playing. I’ve been at level 40 the entire time and I have only won a few games and I’m pretty much done with it.

Lately I’ve been playing a lot of Battlegrounds and that has been a better mode for me. Granted its all about your draw and luck but at least I don’t have to worry about people buying games.

All and all I don’t think I will play much more of this game. The game is VERY toxic and most people in the forums seem to be the same. I’ve asked for help and watched a ton of You tube videos but all I can see from that is you need to spend a lot of money which I won’t do.

Former WOW player, I came to HS about a year ago. I have NEVER played any similar card games. The terminology I see dropped in the forums from other games / player shorthand can be confusing (just so you understand how alien it is to me).

I found the tutorial helpful, but a bit tedious at times. I could have used some advice at the beginning to keep plugging away at the individual player games for the free packs. I find all of the yammering that the characters do - particularly if you log out, then back in again soon thereafter to play another round - very annoying.

I did run into the level restriction, and I recall thinking that it might be a precursor to what the rest of the game was like. However, I cleared it quickly with the next few challenges. Individual bosses have been a personal challenge. The whole idea of waiting someone out while I have playable cards in my hand goes against my grain, so I did look up some tips online.

I didn’t join the forums until I was nearly six months into the game. Mostly because the structure reminds me of chat rooms from the early 1990s. I may have missed out on some tips I could have used, but as I said earlier, the lingo here can bewilder me.

I didn’t learn about the Hearthstone Wiki until a few months ago. Now THAT would have been useful earlier!

As for the small card collection, I build mine up a lot with gold from the dailies and weeklies - also, the first Tavern Brawl that you win each week also comes with a free pack.

Battlegrounds is my friend. There, it’s more about random offerings and skill than about how many years / how much money you’ve poured into the game. Pick a minion type, learn how they interact, then move on to the next one. You earn points toward gold while you’re doing it. And, eventually, those cards get drawn in the packs you accumulate - so you already know how they work when you get them.

1 Like

I really hope not, this game is the horrible for new players. They have made this game full on Pay to Win.

1 Like