Do I dust King Pharois?

He seems like such a situational card that I would never really use it in anything other than mage and I dont play mage. Is there something I’m missing with this card?

he’s been run with success in druid decks as well. And i think even in some paladin decks (but paladin is kinda eeeeeeh right now)

in general, he is a control deck finisher.

from the Adventure he will, as an example, be really good in a control shaman deck running the legendary weapon and the 10 mana spell (alongside their other normal stff like earthquakes and etc). IF such a deck is viable, he’ll be in it.

1 Like

king pharois is a good card, you don’t know what comes next.
It is not worth deleting, if it is not a golden one.

4 Likes

Keep. reasons:

1. King Pharois doesn’t rotate out of standard until next year, there will be at least 3 new full sets + possibly more until it rotates.

2. He is neutral, you can run him in anything that has big spells.
    2b. Any new spells “printed” have potential synergy with Pharois, especially ones like the new shaman 10 mana spell.
    2c. We may even see cards that have more direct synergy with Pharois like the new Shaman Claw.

3. This is a card that has cracked into the meta already, so it certainly has the ability to do so again.

4. It’s pretty powerful in the right situations.

2 Likes

Why delete him, when you can do things like this instead…

Spell

Class: Paladin

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Autodefense Matrix

2x (1) Desperate Measures

2x (1) Noble Sacrifice

2x (1) Righteous Cause

2x (2) Air Raid

2x (2) Sanctuary

2x (2) Subdue

2x (3) Call to Adventure

2x (4) Blessing of Kings

2x (4) Consecration

2x (4) Prismatic Lens

2x (4) Spirit of the Tiger

2x (6) Pharaoh’s Blessing

2x (7) A New Challenger…

1x (10) King Phaoris

1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger

AAECAZ8FAr2GA9igAw7cA8gErwf8/ALY/gLjhgPvhgP5kwO0mwPDpAOWrAOMrQOusAOWtgMA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Idk seems like if I aleady used my big spells then hes just a liability and requires you to gimp your deck for him to work. Lets be honest a 10 mana 5/5 that summons a bunch of random minions can backfire too, theres a lot of bad drops.

Ahh but you misunderstand, you don’t play him on turn 10, you play him on turn 4 or 5 and summon a game winning board. Or you win by overrunning them with tigers

With prismatic lens? But thats rng. Guess it could work with the tigers.

Tigers get the win more than phaoris does. Honestly the deck works way better than I ever anticipated

1 Like

I would definitely hold on to Phaoris, it looks like they are trying to develop a big spell Shaman deck with the new legendary weapon and 10 mana spell, and he’s fit in other decks too.

After rotation (next expansion) it’s very possible he could become part of a viable deck, plus I think he’s a pretty fun card that has a high potential power level, he’s won me quite a few games in my ultra greedy Rez priest deck.