Disenchant for newbies

Hi,
Should i disenchant all cards from classes i dont want to play and all cards i do not want to use on classes i would like to play in order to build some meta deck as fast as possible?

Only disenchant anything when you actually need the dust. Check this out.

https://doublexp.com/courses/training/lesson/37

1 Like

I would recommend against it. The only time I think you should ever disenchant cards that you don’t have multiple copies of is when you need to make up dust to craft the cards being added to the Hall of Fame. As for me, I don’t even dust anything at any other time.

1 Like

I don’t even dust cards that I do have multiple copies of unless I’m specifically crafting a deck. You never know what card may appear in some random crazy combo and get nerfed.

1 Like

so how do you get epics and legendaries, it would take ages to get them, just by playing the game.

That’s pretty much it. I definitely recommend never crafting cards. always craft decks. What I mean is that sometimes a card looks super awesome and you want one. don’t fall for the trap. Only create it once you have a deck you actually want to put it in.

And never craft anything the first few weeks of an expansion. some cards which look amazing (like glide or Steleena) turn out to be really bad in practice.

2 Likes

I only really craft cards if I’m close to actually making the deck that they’re going in, so I avoid spending dust on things I don’t need. And I get plenty from the Hall of Fame and from disenchanting nerfed cards.

Because it’s hard for a new player to get over the collection curve and get a couple 1000 dust, I would recommend disenchanting some epics and rares you won’t use.

In the spreadsheet, I’d recommend disenchanting cards in the Trash category, and some in the Niche/Casual category, though some are good for a new player to use while you build up your collection.

I’d advise against disenchanting Legendaries, especially from the newest sets. From the older sets, maybe. There is always a small risk that you disenchant a legendary and it becomes useful months later. But if we take a historical example, many legendaries from Rise of Shadows have just fallen off the curve of playability, in Standard at least. In Wild you could make some work.