Difficulty vs last adventure?

Is it just me, or do the bosses seem harder than in previous dungeon runs? Im guessing it’s to offset the amount of power dualclassing can provide, but at lower boss levels it seems biased against the player. I might just be making bad Reno picks. Should i try Finley instead?

I think the other reason I’m finding it hard as there seem to be a bunch of cards from Wild that I’m not familiar with. I have a pretty solid grasp on the basic/standard cards, but only specific ones in Wild. I joined towards the tail end of KotFT and had my first rotation break my main deck, handbuff paladin. Half the reason i don’t play Wild is I lack the collection and understanding of it, which is what this adventure feels a bit like.

Anyone out there besides me feel this wsy?

1 Like

I don’t, but I’m avoiding Heroic.

One very important question: Are you talking boss difficulty pre-nerfs? There were bosses (Chomper, Applebaum, Haro, were probably the biggest offenders) that were f***ing insane before being horked.

1 Like

There’s less heroes this time around, so there’s less runs you have to complete. So maybe they made the bosses harder to increase playtime to be similar to the Dalaran Heist? That’s just a guess though.

I’m finding them easier overall once you start unlocking the perks. The starting perks are only so so but once you get later perks the bosses dont feel bad.

Like the 5/1 wep with lifesteal add +2 dur on overcharge + the overcharge hp to keep it forever makes for a strong set vs the default.

While the taven is just redic powerfull now. ViP membership is a rather great passive. getting 6 coins when you go to the taven 7 allie 7 bar minnions to pick from and better cards to use such as -1 cost to all cards in your deck for 2 coins. Thats as good as other passive abiltys and you still have 4 coins left and a ENTIRE bar session still.

Add in hearthstone (seams to come up as the 2nd active treasure alot) lets you save it for the final boss use it once your low to get a 3rd bar session with vip options to further boost you. Been able in heroic to clear 3 plauge lords so far from 300-0 in one run. Normal I did die vs them while seeing what they did.

The fact you know what the end boss is is game changing as you can plan your deck around it the fights from 0-7 I don’t find hard really.

I play on anomilty mode thou so its like having another passive as you can make your deck with it in mind the AI dosen’t so in general there better for you than them.

They did this with the first and second dungeon runs. First dungeon run was amazing and everyone loved it. Then the second one they released was less custom heroes and they made the bosses have stupid synergies to extend the playability.

Same here. Last one was fun with so much replayability and 45 runs to beat. This one is 20 to beat with unfun boss synergy decks.

If your counting runs to beat this one might have more haven’t done the math. To beat you dont just clear with the hero its unlocking everything and clearing with each possible option (not all possible loadouts) at least once. This means each hero has to clear at min 6 times per wing if optimized. This means 6x5x4 or 120 runs min really more as likly you will want to pair set loadout options together which will increase the runs.

The last one was 3 runs per hero per win so 9x5x3 so 135 runs closer but still higher but less options in a given run to the min is a more accurate estimation vs the above for this one where you likly will need more.

Stupid synergies is subjective. On heroic i’m quite enjoying the new options to make my deck esp the vip taven + hearthstone combo that is quite op. The bosses themselves feel easier.

Yes there is some things that feel like they should not be such as bosses having wep destruction when you can have a wep with a deathratttle to kill you. At least that wep should make you only 1 hp not kill you if the bosses can remove them. Or better make that treasure immune to wep destruction.

There’s less heroes this time around, so there’s less runs you have to complete. So maybe they made the bosses harder to increase playtime to be similar to the Dalaran Heist? That’s just a guess though.

It’s the same amount of runs.

Dalaran you need 94 (decks) to complete everything and now you need 49(treasures) to complete everything.

Anomaly is basically an extra buff… Try to play Heroic without it, it’s pure hell…

I don’t think the load outs matter since you only need to win once for the crown. Me and my friend play together to get a crown for each hero on heroic. A lot of the load outs weren’t good in the last run so they definitely don’t factor in for me.

The loadouts also have there own check marks for winning just like the heros gaining a crown. So yes they matter to “beat” it. You can define beat how ever you want but if your going to use a lesser def than completion you might as well say both modes can be won in 5 runs as there is only 5 wings (this is the point you get the gold pack). Disregarding the checkmarks for each deck heropower and treasure is the same as disregarding the crowns. So only logical if comparing to compare completion or the point you get the last reward. Any other point is just a biased point for your own connivance.

The last reward is gotten at the same point in this and the old advernture 5 wings cleared once. 5 runs. While completion the numbers I mentioned above min runs favor the last adventure slightly no where near the large gap your first post made it out to be.

The ability to choose a treasure when you start a run is huge.

Finley’s mount plus windfury hero power will smorc chapter 2 so hard it’s a joke. It’s seriously an I win card.

Chapter 1, you want to get minion buffs and you’ll have a constant board advantage, Titanic ring and captured flag let you almost play passively

I find this adventure a bit easier than the previous ones, but yes, for me Finley is a lot stronger than Reno.
With Finley I get to the last boss relatively easy compared to previous runs. Even in Heroic.

That Hero Power gets absolutely insane if you also pick the “whenever you play an even-cost card, refresh your Hero Power and it costs 0” treasure.

However, I’m not really a fan of his mount. I prefer the Jr.: 3 mana for a 4/4 Charge/Windfury is enough for anyone to foam at the mouth, but it even throws in an additional 4 damage each turn on top of that!

Yes, but this depends on the mode.

On Normal bosses in Rise were a cakewalk (which was fun because there was some awesome mindless fun to be had) so the bosses in Tombs feel harder in comparisson.
On hard both are about the same.

I had the stupidest run ever, second wing heroic.

Finleys steed, first treasure - draw 2 extra cards per turn.

In my mind “this ends poorly but what the heck”

First couple of bosses were easy because my entire deck was in hand, then the pain started, card buckets weren’t cheap enough, I was burning off half my deck and scraping by.

Finley’s steed was putting in work. He practically solo the first 5 bosses.

Then, the magic happened. I got the treasure that reduces the cost of all cards in hand by 1 whenever you play an odd cost card.

Suddenly the massive hand size was a massive advantage. 0 Mana shudderwock, 0 Mana anything really, have to make a few strange plays but after a couple of turns you can just dump those huge hands for massive tempo swings.

Initially, I figured it was just a really hard last voss (no key for the second letter of alphavet on keyvoard :frowning: ) vut after playing for hours and hours and never winning a run with the first character, Reno, I’d say this one, to me, is leaps and vounds harder than the last. I had fun the last time… This one, doesn’t seem very fun. It literally has a vunch of cards i just dont like, flat out. I dunno, ups and downs with Vlizzard. You know how it goes. I’m pretty disappointed I paid for this, vut it was my vest option at the time vs grinding gold every week. I just played the Varron with the lifesteal power and lifesteal minions, LMAO OMG wtf is that!!! Thanks for making me angry! That’s why I play the game… Right?

The only thing discouraging me from running heroics is the HP bug currently going on. “Kill it all in one go or suffer a full regen wasting an hr of gameplay”. Elitism aside I play solo dungeons to have fun and experiment with random decks, not stick to one game breaker (vs AI, obviously everything will be op) and pretend I’m a 200 IQ genius.

Otherwise I normally don’t get involved in dungeons too much, but I really like what they did here and are going for. The public opinion is rather shaky if you’ve been around forums including reddit and official discords. Regardless it is a matter of play style and personal perspective obv.

Honestly with my experience from playing heroic on phase 1 it as really easy. From what I could tell the bosses had small mana cost reductions to their hero powers and a few changes made to their decks. The plague lords felt just like those in normal difficulty and I beat the Murloc one in two tries. I have to admit though I probably played a strong deck and drew really good cards (the 5 attack lifesteal weapon that gets +2 durability whenever you overload & cheesing the boss into not attacking a khartut defender). The treasures and synergy between the hero power and buckets are much stronger than those in the RoS solo adventure.

I’ve gone back and beat the first chapter of Dalaran Heist with Warrior and Druid, which I hadn’t done anyway. The difference is stark.
Maybe it’s because I am just much more familiar with the Dalaran Heist bosses, sure. But I honestly think that Dalaran Heist is MUCH easier. I died a few times along the way, but that was mainly with what I consider the worst hero power in the run (Undermine) or with a particularly bad random starting deck.
Overall it feels like the bosses are much more predictable and constrained. Less swingy.
And the fact that the final boss has a “normal” amount of health is a huge difference as well of course. In ToT it needs a really good deck and luck during the fight to even have a chance at beating the boss first try. There are some bs bosses in Dalaran Heist too (the demon guy in chapter two for example), and there is some difficulty in not knowing which boss you’ll face, but all in all there is a much better chance of actually completing a run.
There is also something to be said about the treasures available. I don’t think the Robes of Gaudiness made a return in ToT for example, and they are basically an auto-win.

Edit: I only played heroic difficulty.