Diamond Loatheb

So I recently opened a support ticket about this card, because I believe the game should be able to see if players have fully unlocked this stuff even if they no longer own it, and was hoping they’d be able to assist in some way, this was the response I got.

This is Game Master Strybur. Customer support doesn’t have a means to assist with such issues or facilitate the request, but I can cover how it should work to get you pointed in the right direction.

To get the Diamond Loatheb you need to have all 30 cards from Naxxramas in your current collection and in many cases, some players may have disenchanted Maexxna or something of that nature. It’s all good though, because it should still be claimable from the Achievements tab in the game, so that would be how to check your progress and go from there.

Now if you’re not seeing it due to the achievement system being added in later or anything like that, then you would need to reach out to the developers through the Hearthstone Bug Forum to submit a bug report and then wait it out while they investigate and look into the matter. They will post any updates or workarounds as they go and thus far many of the cases ended up clearing up on their own over time. It’s just if it doesn’t, then the team will have to look into it to see what other options they might have or if they are able to create any other resolution or workaround.

This leads me to believe that there is supposed to be a system in place, now is this something that’s just not working properly? Or is still being worked on? Because I’m sure myself and many other long time players would appreciate this as otherwise we’re effectively punished for achievements being added so late into this games lifespan if we didn’t hang onto everything.

2 Likes

The Hearthstone Collection achievements require that you own the required number of unique cards all at same time. The collection achievements do not track and remember individual cards.

Having completed the Adventure achievement is not enough because Diamond Loatheb comes from the Collection achievement.

There is no game bug here because right from Blizzard’s own support article, United in Stormwind Legendary Collector Achievement Count Is Incorrect:

Please note that collection achievements require that you currently have the cards on your collection. The achievement tracks cards you have, not cards you previously owned. If you disenchanted a legendary, it will not count for the achievement and you will need to obtain it back.

Also note, this does not affect, penalize, or punish long time players but affects even recent players.

2 Likes

Clearly this needs to be told to customer service as I legit have a email that I posted above saying otherwise, and honestly with how easy it is for at least adventures to have the game check if you have completed it, it should work differently for those.

1 Like

At the end of your ticket you get a Survey Feedback. Fill that out about the GM response as that goes to their supervisor. But keep in mind, GMs respond to all Blizzard games so this one may not be as familiar with Hearthstone.

1 Like

That sounds like an incredibly flawed system, if you ask me. The people answering questions by the community when they are having trouble should be familiar with the game they are answering questions for. I have a CSR job, and I only have to deal with one branch of support, which is a lot to keep track of on its own.

1 Like