Demon Seed quest is broken

Every single Demon Seed quest warlock HP30 (or even HP40 very often) completing the quest until turn 6 I just playing against above D5. Every single one.

1 Like

It’s not that hard. The highest mana cost card they have in their deck is 3 mana darkglare(as higher cost minions gets discounted). Couple that with mass production, crystallizer and other 1-mana cost minions and spells and they can easily complete stage one on turn two, cheat out a few minions or remove some of yours on turn three/ four plus healing themselves and finish stage 2 AND 3 on turn five, playing tamsin on turn six.

There’s a reason why the card was banned. It should never have been brought back.

Then again, it’s wild, if you don’t have your win con ready at turn six, either through combo or aggro, you might just concede. It’s the reality us slow midrange and control players have to live in.

2 Likes

That is what I am saying. In wild, aggro and combo is inherently OP which is a hard counter to Demon Seed anyways.

1 Like

If it really was a hard counter you would see a lot less then. The synergy it has is just too much now and it’s going to get better if they leave it alone. It plays out almost the same way Everytime because they are able to draw through most of there deck quickly. Hitting all their recovery, giant threats

Probably more of an issue that a lot of their self damage is tied to draw cards in that deck

Okay…I’ll take what you say as the truth since I don’t play wild specifically because it is degenerate/imbalanced.

How do the developers deal with cards that are OP in wild? Do they nerf cards specifically to balance wild formats?

Well. The problem with this particular deck is that it’s too good as both an aggro deck and a combo deck.

Although I personally detest aggro decks, their existence are justified as they keep midrange and combo decks in place. And they normally are kept in place themselves by control decks. But this deck is also a combo deck that beats control as the damage does not come from minions that can be removed.

Combo decks are also ok, IF their OTK comes around turn 10-12 or can possibly be disrupted. With the prevalence of demon seed locks in such an abundance plus guff druids and lich king palas, the meta becomes very boring. It’s just as bad as during the wotlk standard period where only three decks were reliable,

Raza priest beat everything except cube lock. Cube lock beat everything except dragon priest. That was it, any other deck lost vast majority of times against those three decks.

I can take that my favourite deck, hero power mage, is a bit slow to go to legend but I play it anyway as it’s fun and more importantly, I feel its win con is fair. But it would be more fun to test its merit if not every third game were conceding against warlock :slight_smile:

Tell me you don’t really play wild without telling me.

You don’t win if it takes much longer than that.

1 Like

They should learn from their mistakes and instead of nerfing Demon Seed they should unnerf Time Warp. Continually bowing to the obnoxious vocal minority doesn’t work.

This is the most backwards thing I have read here today.

Nerfing timewarp was absolutely the correct choice and it was years too late to do it.

I actually think they don’t need to do anything else to demon seed.

Look, if you want to talk about real problems in wild, tell me why radiant elemental costs 2 and sorcerer’s apprentice costs four when priest is much more able to copy things.

2 Likes

Well. In my opinion…the quests have run their course. All of them except maybe those with minor impact like giving you a 6/6 dragon or a 2/6 with taunt. The quests were designed for standard where they took effort to complete. In wild a rogue can complete Caverns below by playing two cards giving them the minions needed. A mage can complete Open the waygate by turn six, and so can a warlock with demon seed.

Although it will never happen I would like Blizz to just hall of fame them, and quest related cards, forever and return full dust.

Sure, it will just turn the meta to something else but atleast we will get something new for two days :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t even need the dust - just rotate them out for a while so we can play without them.

So many of them have too much inevitability and just put the game on a clock, pushing out lots of late game strategies that are fun but not necessarly fast. Whole swaths of the collection are useless when quests are in the format consistently.

While not apparent in the highest competitive metas, most of my games are against opponents with renathal and a quest… I’d like to see less of both.

1 Like

Nice idea actually! Something needs to change about that deck. And the mass productions that can repeatedly cycle. Steam cleaner doesn’t touch cards in hand sadly!

No, but skulking geist do. Sure, at the prize of doing it for both players, and costing 6 mana and being useless in so many other battles. But, I have to admit, it’s tempting to tech one into my deck. If it weren’t for that steep mana cost. By turn 6 they are usually already done with their quest.

1 Like