Demon Hunter is the biggest backlash in HS history

By the way no refunds.

I don’t even need to prove anything as I have not made claims. You should prove yours instead. And seems like you’re the one losing on this one and other topics too.

And at least be consistent with what you write. I’m not gaining nor losing anything here. It’s not me who wrote this moments ago.

1 Like

Fair enough, stay safe man.

In response to your original post,

The developers have said before that they prefer to release things overpowered rather than underpowered - and then tweak them back to ‘normal’ when necessary.

If you’re asking why DH couldn’t have been released completely balanced to begin with, I’d say that’s because it’s a way more difficult proposition than it might appear. So I believe they intentionally released the class as ‘strong’ - but perhaps it did turn out a lot stronger than even they anticipated. I personally wouldn’t say that’s incompetence - I’d say it’s probably a fine line between ‘strong on release’ and ‘broken on release’ (not to mention those are completely subjective terms too).

In regards to angering the playerbase. Do players really get that angry? The class was given away for free, along with half its cards - and they’ve started nerfs within a day of its release. What’s more, this is Hearthstone, an incredibly casual, online card game - what’s there to be really angry about?

I suppose you could say “I pre-ordered and I can’t play my new cards because DHs are beating everyone” - and alright, I concede that is fair enough. But it’s been one day. I personally don’t understand.

2 Likes

Why can’t there just be 1 big DH salt thread? As much I agree that it needs to be toned down, all these ‘nerf dh plz’ threads are flooding the forums like a tsunami.

It’s the only way it’s going to send a massive message that people are not happy. One thread that can get buried is not the solution, it’s going to take a lot of people complaining to get this done.

Yeah, but I’d like to some other threads for once.

1 Like

It’s not the biggest backlash. People need to stop being so melodramatic.

What is then? Curious to see what you think ruined the game more than DH. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Nobody forced you to play DH in the first place. Current nerf won’t change much because DH needs more significant ones. Enjoy your legend while you can, that’s probably first and last time you’ve reached it.

Blitzcheung ‘Free China’ commotion.

Did you enjoy waiting?

We had people posting in EVERY Blizzard game forum about it. By the way, why the snark?

that was fun to read

that guy was throwing around childish insults and he thinks redspade is the one embarrassing himself

While that is true, you know what I meant. I meant in regards to player feedback from balances changes, I totally agree with you otherwise, Blizzard handled that entire spectacle really poorly. You got me on that. But you know what I meant. :smiley:

In terms of game balance though, this was really a terrible ordeal. Never seen so many crying threads before. Stay safe man.

1 Like

A couple of nerfs and everything will be alright. It is probably not the easiest thing adding a new class.
Stop crying and chill.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thank you Roughstack :+1:

1 Like

nope you are
you made the thread about the backlash with that out of place todler comment and when someone disagreed with you

all you could do is start throwing around childish insults
i argued with others and ive seen others discuss cards balance without ever acting like you do

one example is another thread discussing which cards we think should be nerfed some listed most of the DH cards ( which i disagree ) but the difference is they actually post their reasons and suggest nerfs without insulting anyone because they disagree

you should try it

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Demon Hunter was grossly overpowered but they nerfed it immediately. I thought it was pretty fun to play and pulled all the cards, but I’m not mad. Having a balanced game is better in the long-term and I’m glad they didn’t leave things like this for the next few months. Demon Hunter is still good and they will tweak as needed based on data.

They got preorder money. Time to nerf it to the ground.

1 Like