Delete soul fragments and warlock won't be a problem

Backbreaking? Maybe for Hunter and Rogue, but every other class should be able to deal with a 5/5 and some 3/3s by Turn 7.

The issue might be how she can be used as a removal tool if needed or even a good tempo option which I am seeing her used more of now. Aggro decks can fall apart and the huge tempo swing for Warlock and control decks now have to spend a turn dealing with the board instead of pressing Warlock. Control decks having to “deal with it” is what helps control Warlock survive

It’s not just some 3/3s though, it’s usually 4+ with rush which is enough to kill almost anything while and leaving a powerful board.

Not to mention it corrupts Tick/Cascading, baits out removals for the inevitable Strongman turn, and the real kicker is that she doesn’t consume shards so Warlock still has a bunch of free healing waiting.

See if Warlock actually had to consume shards (like Soul DH does) then this might be a different story, but Warlock has so much amazing board control already they don’t have to worry themselves with a 5 mana 7/8 taunt, somehow

3 Likes

Why do you care about Warlock? They’re tier 2/3. Why not focus on the class that has a 60-80% win rate against all classes.

Healing is only usually relevant against more aggressive decks. And Control Warlock currently struggles against these decks, I don’t quite see the problem here?

Do you really want to see warlock playing zoo = aggro?
Because that’s the alternative when you remove every survival tools to warlock.

2 Likes

That does not really change anything, it could become key down the line and DH can lose health just as quickly as Warlock

nobody screaming about warlock on these forums has the slightest clue what is strong about warlock

Why? It makes no sense.
Warlock is already weak against aggro, where the heal makes a difference.
And heals tend not to make much of a difference in control match-ups.

This complaint only makes sense in Mid-range matchups, and the top 2 midrange deck nowadays counters Warlock.

Here people, here’s a nerf that’s actually reasonable and makes sense, unlike the average “Delete the class/card from the game” type of nerf suggestions i hear a lot here.

1 Like

Actually what I said makes plenty sense when you consider that before life frag. and life steal, warlock had barely ANY HEALING. It’s hero power is meant to have downside(as well as most of its cards) and now there’s none.

I don’t use Soul Fragments myself but still have a fair win rate vs Priest using the rest of the Tick deck package, aggro either wins by turn 7 or concedes by turn 10.

https //classic .wowhead .com/guides/warlock-leveling-classic-wow

Ease of Leveling a Warlock in Classic WoW

Warlocks are considered to be one of the strongest levelers across all classes in WoW Classic. They have one of the highest kill speeds at any level range, a unique regeneration mechanic in Life Tap (which exchanges Health for Mana), and many spells that can restore their health without any outside assistance, making them one of the most efficient and quickest classes to level in Classic WoW.

classic is a rerelease of wow pre-expansions, which is wow was it was in 2004

note that life tap good healing has been a thing even when you’re a lowbie warlock since the moment anything in this world became playable in multiplayer. (wow and HS)

just because you feel this way about HS warlocks doesn’t mean that they weren’t based entirely on WOW warlocks. and self healing niche has existed since wow came online in 2004.

edit: here is guldan’s heroes of the storm page, as well.

https ://heroesofthestorm .fandom.com/wiki/Gul%27dan

Strengths

• Incredible sustain by means of Life Tap and Drain Life
  • Fel Flame provides good waveclear
  • High [AoE]

Weaknesses

• Health and Mana pools require constant monitoring due to their unique co-dependent relationship
  • Incredibly vulnerable to crowd control
  • Requires great positioning during skirmishes and teamfights

edit again:

https: //www. wowhead. com/item=5512/healthstone

be grateful THESE aren’t in HS. they’re in wow and hots. they’re totally free to make, have multiple charges AND heal like 1/3 of your health. in wow you can use them in arena too because they’re conjured.

I think the best way to balance warlock is to nerf the sould fragment healing down to 1. Right now maining high life total is way too easy. Also the deck got a million ways to deal with board, except for maybe token druid if they get good early draw. Another interesting change would be for Malicia to consume sould fragments, that way warlock doesn’t have free healing in late game.

Ok but we’re talking about the balance of HS the card game, not WOW. Im not concerned with what warlock had in a MMORPG game from 2004

1 Like

“Delete an entire archytype which only 2 classes have access to which also fits their flavor cause 1 of them has a good deck that has a package of it inside.”

I mean people want to delete Librams and only one class has access to that, and it’s best decks aren’t even running it atm

Cast when drawn
Restore 0,1 or 2 health to your hero
If less than 2 health is restored, draw another soul fragment

or

Cast when drawn
Restore 0,1 or 2 health to your hero
If less than 2 health is restored, restore 0 or 1 more health

?

I don’t know man I find soul fragments a very unreliable source of healing and a pretty cool mechanic that combos with a lot of other cards, I would not delete them

Locks are fine as is. No need to nerf them atm.

Where did you get that information from?

1 Like