Death Knight unbalanced in Arena

The new Death Knight class is absurdly imbalanced in Arena, and it's totally ruined the metagame. I've done 8 or so runs since the new expansion came out, and I haven't seen this class available to choose once.. yet every single game at 9-10 wins seems to be against Death Knights. They're clearly the best class and their cards are just better; to the point where people recommend you retire runs with any class besides Death Knight. Basically if you have gold to waste you can whale your way to more arena wins by just starting new arenas until you get DK. And I strongly dislike the fact that is actually worth doing for some, because the class is just unfairly overpowered. For example Malignant Horror is very oppressive, and it's only a common. Every Death Knight you play has this card and an abundance of buffs/undead synergies for it to get out of control easily. Paired with the fact they have no shortage of ways to control the board and have minion advantage before dropping this and cloning immediately. Possessifier is another one of these powerful commons, giving easy corpses and board presence. Corpses is an entire other discussion as this is the only class which just passively accrues value at every point in the game.. It's too hard to out attrition this class, and they gain tempo and board control with ease. They utilize new powerful neutrals such as Infected Peasant and Silvermoon Armorer better than other classes, punishing you harder for controlling board. I could go on forever, as I really believe the design and balance of this class has so many things wrong with it (pertaining to arena). Arena has enough RNG, now whether or not you have Death Knight available is another huge roll of the dice. Because if you don't, you better be ready to suffer loss after loss to this broken class. They will outvalue you with corpses and ruin you with their superior card quality. Like, Lord Marrowgar? Really? Unbeatable unless you are about to kill them or have a board wipe. They have too many cards that are just not properly balanced for Arena, and something should be done about it, because I don't even wanna queue for my favorite game mode anymore with this metagame. Maybe reducing Malignant Horror's chances of showing in draft is a good place to start. Because even if you have the means to shut down the first, which is a tall order.. they can often slam a second and pop off anyway. I'd love to hear anybody else's thoughts.
1 Like

They already know this and are working on a solution but it’s not very easy to do without just deleting DK from the Arena format and they are not going to do that.

delete it, problemed solved <3

Thanks for the post. Atleast it’s been reported. I uninstalled it until it’s fixed.

They can just nerf/ban horror. Nerfing it won’t affect standard because it doesn’t see play. If it is used in wild just ban it from arena.