[DALARAN HEIST] What Was Your Best Combo?

What are some of the nastiest, most E.V.I.L. combos you’ve done during your runs?
Mine was truly despicable!

Passive Treasures:

• Crystal Gem (start the game with 2 Mana)
  • Robes of Gaudiness (cards cost half, but you can only play two cards a turn)

Treasure:

• Golden candle: 4 7/7 Battlecry: transform ALL cards into Golden legendary minions.

I managed to get the golden candle to start in my hand at the beginning of the game with +2/+2, and since the Golden Candle is 4 Mana the robes reduced it to 2. I play the Golden Candle turn 1 and now I have legendary minions at half cost, and my opponent’s deck is irrelevant as now it’s also transformed.
Easiest run of my life!

1 Like

Elistra the Immortal + Double Battlecries.

I barely managed to throw buff Spells on it in prior games, yet against the final boss she was still 290/290 Divine Shield summon 2 1/1 copies and add 4 Extra Arms to your hand.

EDIT: It wasn’t a combo, but it was definitely evil. I re-ran the Bank to beat at least 7 more bosses, and I was up against Gallywix. Depleted his deck (thank you Fel Reaver!), field and hand, but I still wasn’t going to give him mercy by attacking him. Instead, I summoned the 4 Horsemen to add insult to injury.
i.imgu r.c om/uaCm88Y.png

1 Like

0 cost Swampqueen’s Rage is an I Win button every time you draw it.

Fill the board as best you can and keep transforming for Charge minions until the boss is dead

3 Likes

I’ve had two so far:

1. In Boss 8 of Chapter 1, Gallywix played the demon whose card text is “Whenever your opponent plays a card, remove the top three cards of your deck.” At that point in the game, I had a lot of Gallywix’s Coins. I played them all and burned his entire deck. By then, I had enough big minions on board that I could stop playing cards at all and just go face until he died to fatigue.

2. Just now, on Turn 2 of Boss 8 of Chapter 3, the Captain played Dirty Rat. I had one minion in my hand: Chromaggus. So, then, for my turn 3 I had a free 6/8 minion on board, and he duplicated everything I drew, including my Hyperblaster (poisonous weapon, you’re immune while attacking). I used my Hyperblaster to get rid of big Taunt minions. I mostly went face with Chromaggus (or used him to bite tiny minions and then healed him up with my Hero power). It was glorious.

1 Like

I got that one on two separate Heroic runs today. Really is a game breaker, at least until you roll The Darkness too many times.

Just got something that might top it today though. Rakanishu’s discounting power, was looking to hunt for Elixir of Vim (draw extra 2 cards per turn) when I instead got Stargazer (can use hero power twice, it is discounted by one). On top of THAT, I had the 2 mana spell discount anomaly active (goodbye, f2p streak), making all spells two cheaper. Had a deck with Nexus Champion Saraads, Antonidas, and Kalecgoses - multiple copies of each, yes, I got lucky on a Bar break. Between making random stuff in my hand four cheaper every turn and being able to generate so many cards kinda made it broken, but in hilarious fashion so it’s okay.

Double battle cry, 2 cards per turn at half cost, turned all my minions into the legendary minion that plants a 10 damage bomb into the opponent’s deck (6/5 minion for 6).

Pretty fun run, but still got stopped by gepetto lol. I did get super unlucky since he topdecked nutty stuff and I got rushed down before I could play enough bombs.

1 Like

When I was playing against Jepetto as Rogue, I used the weapon whose deathrattle is to summon what it killed, to kill Mimiron’s Head. When my next turn started, I had three mechs on board, so I got to summon V-07-TR-0N (4.8, Charge, Mega-Windfury).

1 Like

Any deck with Vim and Vigor is fun. I think my most degenerate one was a big/deathrattle rogue with a double deathrattle anomaly on the third heist. Jade Swarmers and Sneeds won me the game and having two summons from each is perfect for a boardspace of 4. The downside was that my board was constantly full so N’zoth was basically useless. This also caused me to mill way more than what should have been milled.

1 Like

Vim and Vigor!

Did this one with help of the duplatransmorgifier
oh the logo hoppers.

Oh, and the Anomaly was draw until you have 5 cards, so I never started a hand with less than 8 cards.

I was starting off on amazing Sound the Bells paladin run.
Treasures:
-Permanent invis for my guys (helps them live till next turn to attack)
-You get an extra turn then opponent gets one (play some dudes, cast this, win)
-Double starting health, just for defense
-The 5 durability poison gun
-The 10 cost steal all your opponents minions
-Buckets that gave me a total of 5 Sound the Bells and 14 1 drops of dudes, or
spells that make dudes

I was just steamrolling everything till I hit that boss with the 25 second turn limit. Funny enough though, it wasn’t the time limit that killed me, it was the secrets. She plays a lot of Mirror Image, so I’d always have to end turn with minimum 3 guys on board. Not an easy task since shes got so much removal that gets around stealth.

I tried my best to play around the secrets but she was just filling them up every turn. I attack a mirror image, it gets copied. I attack it again, she gets two in her hand. I get a guy through to her hero, it gets destroyed. This whole time she’s got secret keepers getting giant. This was the big downside to my glass cannon build. I was so balls out on setting up a bells combo I had to pass up almost all removal I saw in the buckets. Anyways, even if I had drawn my extra turn thing I don’t think it would have made a difference as she would have had ice block.

Im pretty sure if i’d been able to get past here I could have finished the rest of the bosses.

Okay, just pulled off a crazy run as a priest.

The Sceptre of Summoning - minions that cost more than 5 mana cost 5
The Battle Totem - Battlecries trigger twice.

I built an Old Gods deck with C’thun. In the first Tavern, I had the options to give a minion +4/+4 but it costs 2 mana more and the option to choose a minion to start in my hand…C’thun was on my board. So I started every game with a 10/10 C’thun that cost 5 and later gave it double battlecries. The biggest I played was a 30/30 C’thun.
It was a good run.:grin:

1 Like

Getting through Heroic Dalaran Chapter 5 as Druid with:

-Potion of Vitality
-Captured Flag
-The Muscle
-Grimmer Patron
-Duplatransmogrifier

While getting Patron to always be in my starting hand with a 1 drop with +2/+2 (making it a 5/4) also always in my hand, along with some great buckets like Oondasta, Charged Devilsaur, Ysera and Kel’thuzad. Coupled with the Druid buff cards often made my Patrons a snowball effect asap. Duplamogrifier on Oondasta for win-more conditions and it was hard for Bosses to compete

1 Like

Heroic Dalaran Chapter 5

Anomaly: Growing (Minions gain +1/+1 at the end of their owner’s turn)

Passives:

• Glyph of Warding (Enemy minions cost (1) more)
  • Recycling (Gain 2 armor when a friendly minion dies)

Actives:
2 copies of Overpowered (When you play a card, replay it)

Bar bonuses:
Feral Gibberer with “Right Hand Man” (Card starts in hand) and (2) copies of Tell a Story (+2/+2 to a minion).

When the Feral Gibberer attacks and adds a copy to the hand, it retains the “Tell a Story” increases. So, I could have multiple 5/5 Feral Gibberers on my side of the board before my opponent even had one minion, and they’d just keep getting more powerful.

1 Like

Twice in my early runs I got the Passive that add 2 copies (1 mana) of whatever card you played and then got Scepter of summoning, Treasure were 2 Elder Taggawag. Played Warrior, on my 4th bucket, I got to choose Akali…Boy oh boy. It was cake, every turn I ended with no more than 4 10/10s on my board. I made on mistake on the final boss of chapter 5 and played him, attacked but no overkill and it ended my spree.
Taggawag was also a true killer in this deck.

1 Like

Spells cost 2 less with Paladin Old Hero deck. Sound the Bells and Selfless Hero in opening hand. Turn 1 infinite minion. Turn 2 kill.

1 Like

I have had several runs where I look to use the Tavern Encounter buffs (The Upper Hand) to reduce the cost of Sound the Bells to 0. Then just stall until you draw it for infinite buff.

Funniest combo was when I pulled Dreamgrove Ring (summon 5 legendaries) and high-rolled a ‘Take a Chance’ to reduce its cost to 0. Pulled it twice in my opening hand in the next couple of games. First one meant I had 5 Deathwings on turn 1.

1 Like

Not necessarily a combo, But in the new Fire Festival Tavern Brawl, you are able to get Robes of Gaudiness (cards cost half, limit two cards a turn) twice in a run. I got it twice running Bomb Warrior and when your Augmented Elekks (when you shuffle a card into either player’s deck, shuffle an extra copy) cost 0 and there’s three on the board with a Brann Bronzebeard (double battlecries), and you have an Iron Juggernaut (shuffle a card that deals 10 damage to your opponent when they draw it)… well, safe to say the new tavern brawl with Bomb Warrior is broken.

1 Like

More on topic of the post, I just 4 Horseman’d Goya with Rogue.

1 Like

I’d say that the Goblin Candle is by far one of the best treasures in the game since it completely destroys your opponent’s perfect synergy.

Mine was “Start the game with boombots”/a lot of cheap minions/minion cost reduction and that candle 4 times in my deck (I was able to shuffle it in 3 times thanks to Bob). So turn 3 I often had a board of legendary minions and my opponents synergy was screwed.

My strongest combo may not have been as broken as some other combos mentioned here, but what my combo lacked in power, it made up in consistency. Because my strongest combo ever was… My hero power! Now hear me out. I played Paladin and had the Hero Power to add three Silver Hand Recruits to my hand. I also had an anomaly: Every minion gains +1/+1 at the end of every turn. Over the game I got a bunch of treasures that made this absolutely insane. My first treasure was to reduce the cost of my minions by 1. That meant 2 mana play three 2/2 minions, that gain +1/+1 at the end of every turn! But thats not where it ends. The next treasure was Captured Flag, which gave my minions another +1/+1. So now my Hero Power was 2 mana play three 3/3 minions. This sounds pretty crazy right? But this wasn’t crazy enough yet. I got my final treasure: Your hero power costs 1 less and can be used twice every turn. So all these treasures combined meant 2 mana, summon six 3/3 minions that grow by +1/+1 at the end of every turn. And this was just my hero power! Imagine how that run went.

1 Like