Dalaran Heist needs treasure balance changes

I have been playing Dalaran Heist adventure and I am certainly sure that it needs balance changes. The main problem is treasure and anomaly.

The biggest problem is always stay in extreme possibilities: the runs are too easy or you get smashed pretty fast sometime. It is hard to stay in the middle thoughout until the last boss. Essentially, the goal of this adventure should be: work with sinergy cards and treasures (and anomaly effect) to beat the bosses.

As we all can observe when playing the adventure, if you don’t get good options for treasure powers, you will often lose. The fact of existing “good” and “bad” treasures is the main reason for this. We would not need to restart the game over again to get something acceptable. This exceed the “challenging” factor. My suggestion for this is: balance “bad” trasures, like “Dr. Boom’s Remote”, “Mysterious Tome”, “Resourcefulness” and “Small Backpacks”. In other hand, there are treasure too good, like “Robes of Gaudiness”, that makes the run very easy. One way or another, balance treasures can bring more challenging runs.

Anomaly is just the same way. For example, some anomaly effects grants big advantages for Kirin Tor Citadel final bosses, like cast spells twice. I think it would be better if the effects change every battle instead of every run. Also, some effects needs to be balanced/reworked: “Arcane”, “Wild Magic” and “Growing”.

Great points

From my experience, it is actually better to balance out the buckets to synergise with the treasures you pick. For example, I have done runs where I picked the battlecry trigger twice treasure, but by the final boss (and losing), I only had the battlecry stuffs from the starting deck (was never presented with any buckets).

Some treasures also do need buff or just flat out removed. Dr Boom’s remote on the other hand is actually quite good, especially if you have the deathrattle triggers twice treasure/anomaly or Captured Flag (your minions have +1/+1). It gives you insane early tempo to help you combat the mana cheating bosses towards the end.

Also, mana cheating really needs to be removed. It adds nothing but frustration as your run can be decided by turn 3 if you just happen to be unlucky with your draws even if you have great synergy deck.

1 Like

I definitely agree, but 8 just think the "bad’ treasures should be removed.

There is rarely a run that feels good and loses or feels bad and wins. It swings heavily fr good to bad and the treasures are the primary contributor.

Mana cheating treasures will almost certainly always be best. Cheat mama and take expensive cards is always a win.

I think you should be able to pick an archtype from the start and card buckets should be swapped to suit those.

Example: paladin (dragon, immortal, or mech)
If you pick mech it will not offer you many dragons, basically give you a chance to build a synergistic deck.

I know this exists to some degree, it just needs to be expanded and improved

1 Like

Have you played any other roguelikes? The whole point is making the best of what you’re offered, literally everything you’ve suggested completely destroys the point

Treasure balance is not great, but removing the weak ones is an awful idea. Buff them, nerf Robes, treasures are fine.

You do not need perfect bucket synergy to win at all. Buckets are perfectly fine the way they are. And yes, I have beaten Heist, before you ask. On both Normal and a Heroic.

I’ve beaten normal and heroic also.

I’m just saying the treasures offered have too much positive or negative swing. I played every run to defeat, or victory, regardless of what was offered. I’m really just saying they need to make sure the buckets synergize with the treasures offered to give a more consistent run.

I’m half with Loco and half with Dark George here.

I think the big problem with Dalaran Heist, is that it is, as Loco says, a roguelike, but…it’s a bad one.

There’s too large of a gap between “bad” runs, which often seem unwinnable, and maybe are, particularly if you factor in the fact that the player can’t know what buckets they’ll be offered before choosing a passive/anomaly that may not work with their deck at all. And getting Robes + DuplaTransmogrifier (or pick your combo of choice), you almost have to try to lose, save the occasional hard counter boss like Haro.

If you look at good Roguelikes, which I won’t name, because every time I try to offer a counterpoint, Blizzard deletes the thread: The core gameplay is winnable with most powerups, and/or there are RPG elements, and/or there are save points, and that variety makes the games really fun to just pick up for a run or two.

Yes, when those games ramp up “challenge”, they tend to run into the same problem, where some significant % of the powerups become obsolete garbage, and there are certain games (which I again won’t mention) that I abandoned out of boredom and frustration like 90%+ of the way through. The problem with DH is that that “challenge” curve is literally half the game, and I personally find the other half too easy.

I mean, tl;dr on all that: I love HS and I love Roguelikes, but I just can’t pick this one up for 30 minutes a day and have fun like I can others.

Where I agree with Loco, is that removing all but a handful of good options does kind of run counter to what makes Roguelikes fun. But I agree with DarkGeorge, that again, this just isn’t fun, and all Blizzard ever does is “rebalance” the bosses people complain the most about. Which is making an effort, and I appreciate, but I don’t think that it gets at the core of the problem, and most of the frustration.

1 Like

Doctor booms remote is a bad trasure?
You start the game with 3 1/1s and a possible 12pts of damage and 24pts of damage if you get deathrattle passives or anomaly. Small backpacks is always good when you play 1mana-Hunter deck. The only bad treasure is Hand of Rafam.

Buckets could be more suited towards hero class and previous choices in the run, but having synergy with your treasures is just boring and you would never lose. think the part you people are skipping over is main point of this kind of adeventure. They want you play it multiple times and try different decks and styles. If they wanted you play and not get killed on turn 4 by the 2nd boss there would be no need for you play the game at all.