Dalaran Heist Gold Value

Sure, but that’s not the point. TheRiddler claims that he easily gets 10k between expansions without grinding while I say it’s pretty unrealistic, unless you still play a fair amount of games for that extra win gold.

3 Likes

I also get that amount. And I don’t hit the wins per day gold cap either.

It may be that the differential here is quest rerolling, I’m not sure.

But I assume you still play semi actively and get some 3 win gold?

As I said I reroll every 50 g quest to get at least a 60 g quest, and only complete one of my 50 g quests when there are no more slots left. I also don’t miss any dailies at all. However, I don’t really play apart from completing my dailies so almost no 3 win gold for me, and I’ve never made more than 8500 per expansions. Usually it’s 7000 - 7500, and I believe that’s what math supports if you count only dailies and promos and exclude gold from wins.

1 Like

Getting 9 wins may or may not be a grind. Perhaps to him it’s not. You can at least get 3 wins a day. That’s 10 extra gold. Then you factor in the 80 friend quests and promo gold bonanzas and you can get to 10k with reasonable means.

If you’re lucky and good at arena, you could accelerate your gold earning potential even faster.

Yeah, and I don’t argue with that. My point is there’s no way someone is getting 10k just from dailies and special events.

1 Like

Then it may be simply that despite playing similar amounts of games, maybe I’m winning significantly more of them? I’m not sure. Do you meme a lot or do you try to rank up a lot?

I also have a decently sized friends list, so maybe I’m getting more 80 gold quests from friends…

Not sure what else it could be

No, as I said I don’t play at all apart from completing dailies. My friends’ list is also quite small and I don’t remember when was the last time I got 80 g quest from someone.

1 Like

How many games would it take you to complete each daily? I have a well over 50% winrate in ranked with certain decks so I can finish a lot of dailies in what would probably be the minimum so I play more than the dailies but not -that- much.

The 80 gold quests might do it. I get I want to say at least 3 a month. That’s 240 gold at a minimum per month.

And do you play ranked at all? I’m not sure what the ladder rewards for gold are for lower ranks, but the dust value goes up so much if you get to rank 5. If the gold scales like that as well, that’s probably about 280 gold minimum per month that you are missing out on.

That’s a little over 1000 gold from the 1500 you are missing out on I imagine.

I would strongly recommend finding just one player to trade 80 gold quests with.

1 Like

Usually 1-2 for ‘Play X cards’ quests, but I rarely win when doing these quests because I complete them with ‘meme’ decks. For example, if I have ‘Play 30 Priest cards’ quest I just create a deck with the 30 cheapest Priest cards to play them out as fast and possible and complete this quest.

If it’s ‘Win 3 games with class X’, than again it’s pretty much only 10 extra gold a day.

Nope, haven’t touched it since Boomsday.

2 Likes

With the ranked floors I think it’s totally worth it to aim for 20 at the minimum for the rewards, then 15 next season and maintain that. Getting back after the end of the season is pretty easy now with streaks and floors. The end of season rewards at 5 are the biggest jump in value, but don’t underestimate the value of a golden card at the end of the season. It’s helped me a lot to fill out my collection (and I’m pretty sure you get gold and dust).

Also, since casual uses mmr purely to match you against opponents, if you have decks that perform at significantly different levels, it’s hard to be able to play them all in casual.

I have the memest of memes in casual, where I regularly see tracking turn 1 and coin prep and stuff like that, but I play rank 5 to legend viable decks on ladder. If I played those in casual, I wouldn’t be able to play for fun decks and win ever in casual.

1 Like

Hold up. The Golden Zayle from purchasing the entire run cannot be disenchanted?!

You can’t get dust from the golden Zayle?!?

Noperino

/twentynopes

1 Like

We already know how much a $ is worth gold, by Arena Runs/packs

Arena : 2$ = 150 gold
Packs in gold : 2 packs is 200 G
Packs in Cast : 2 packs is *3$

So each pack is worth $1.50^ = 100G
making this adventure worth in gold

But the thing most people are forget also - You are getting something you can replay, and not just packs.

If you ever play online games that use ingame currency vs real $ normally ingame currency get inflated over time, which gold would be, so you’re paying more gold as it not paying for blizzard work, due to some long term replay you havei nthe game mode. Yes we’ve been “spoil” by free adventures, but before this was the same price for the adventures back then, then it was raised to 20 to 25$ for the other adventures in the past.

Also we don’t know what going happen, they said they’re going tell a ongoing story, and there may be a long term investment in this adventure. As there may be more “EVIL decks” in the future, like more lackeys are said to be be coming.

Honestly 20$ for this adventure isn’t a bad deal, you get your 15 packs u would a spent money just delay for the 4 weeks. but in the future, this’ll be a better deal over the packs itself due to pity timer for newer players.

And yes while you can’t “dust” the golden Zayle now, in the future you’ll be able to dust it.

The reason behind this is to prevent people calling support saying they “didn’t” get the card , and just dust it for free dust and get the card again by support.
it’s been like this in the past for cards that were given just ‘free’ to be dusted and claim they never got it.

If you’re enjoying the adventure just spend the 20$ and not bicker over the 700G , cause it was like this in the past adventures.

Let’s look at the past adventures that had the same gold price for about the same wings, expect you’re not told what cards YOU are getting.

Package USD EUR GBP AUD BRL RUR MXN Gold
All 4 wings $19.99 €17.99 £16.99 $24.99 R$44,90 R999 $259
Remaining 3 $14.99 €13.99 £10.49 $18.99 R$33,90 R749 $189
Remaining 2 $9.99 €8.99 £6.99 $12.99 R$22,90 R499 $129
Individual wings $6.99 €5.99 £4.99 $8.99 R$15,90 R329 $89 700 gold

while we’re at it, let look at the pro and cons

Pro - Don’t need to buy the adventures to have cards or invest dust to get the cards you wanted from X wing that you don’t want to spend gold on.
Con - Packs are a hit or miss on your luck, maybe you get lucky and get more value then you would from the wings saying you’ll always get X card.

You were getting roughly 2k-3k worth of dust cards in those adventures while in 16 packs, you get roughly 1500 Dust. but you do not need cards to run this adventure as the past ones needed you to build a Deck to vs the bosses per a wing, while this is 1 go and build a deck.

This adventure more friendly to newer player with less cards, while vets. don’t gain much beside 'insane value games" you wouldn’t normally get.

I consider this game mode as much as Slay the spire. Expect slay the spire is getting more content slowly, while this will remain as this is, unless As I mention the on going story would have a long term value , which isn’t announced as of yet.

I guess I’ll go for it then. Especially since I’m sitting at 27k dust which I believe is enough to compensate any lack of card next expansion if I desperate to craft something.

Thanks for the opinions and math, everyone.

The minimum dust price of a pack is one way to look at it, but if you’re spending 2800 gold on packs, you’re probably getting 3 epics and a legendary. It’s enough of a sample size you want to consider the average dust price of a pack, which is closer to 100, apparently.

This guy knows my pain.

1 Like

Im using minimum dust value because we talked about the difference between adventure and normal packs.

Yeah, we can use the average value, that makes adventure much more compelling because the difference in packs are substituted by average value of a golden legendary and average value of a golden pack.

Unlikely. Golden mekkatorque was given at start of beta. He’s never been dustable.

Btw, anyone who’s ever buying packs with $ should definitely buy this adventure with $, since the gold to $ ratio, as for any adventure is highly favored towards the $ price, compared to packs’ gold to $. 15 pack bundle (20 eur) actually cost the same as this adventure, while if you spend gold, you could get 28 packs.

Basically, if you buy the adventure with $, you get the standard price/pack (well 3 packs for free, but the golden pack is worth ~4 packs, so similar value), while doing it with gold is extremely more expensive.

Tldr, if you ever spend $ on HS and are going to get the adventure: do it with $ not gold (and the next time you plan to buy packs/arena with $, do it with gold instead).

1 Like