Dalaran Heist Gold Value

I’ve never been a big fan of dungeon runs, and was pretty convinced that as f2p I won’t waste my gold on this one either because it’s just inefficient resource wise, but playing the first chapter I actually liked it a lot.

So, we know that you lose on packs if you buy adventure, but I’m curious how much golden legendary and golden pack compensates for this loss. What are your thoughts?

Golden Zayle is not disenchantable, so you doesn’t really factor intk the value unless you were planning on crafting the regular one.

The golden Classic pack will give you at bare minimum 300 dust. They also reportedly have their own pity timer which means a 10%+ chance of grabbing a golden legendary if you haven’t gotten one from any of the golden packs so far.

The value of Zayle will depend on whether you play primarily in Casual or Ranked. If you’re looking to maximize Ranked climb, you’re unlikely to use Zayle decks. But if you just want to play the game casually, it’s a more appealing proposition. Plus, full shiny decks!

Yeah, I’m thinking about Zyles’s value more as a way to play several meme decks than plain dust.

And btw do you get him and the golden pack if you buy with gold and when exactly do you get them? After opening all wings?

You lose 13 packs but get a golden pack and a golden Whizbang-alike (not enchatable) in exchange.

Try the free wing and see if you really don’t enjoy it - they made some much needed improvements, the mode is MUCH better than the previous ones. The focus seems to be more on fun than on artificial difficulty!

You get Zayle immediately if you go with the cash since you only need to own all wings, the classic pack only comes when you’ve beaten all wings though. If you go to the option to purchase it, there’s a little info button that lays it all out.

Golden packs got 300 dust minimum. Its like 7,5 packs. Add with 15 normal packs, you got 22,5 packs for 2800 gold. 5,5 packs short of usual value.

Then the rest are about the value of the golden whizbang-ish card,

…and the value of how you enjoy the content in the end.

That math isn’t quite right, but yeah, you’re giving up something like 8 packs to buy the solo content. If you’re ftp, Zayle is probably a good card to have, plus, all gold decks, pretty cool. And there’s at least the possibility he’ll be dustable eventually, which, if it happens, would means it’s a straight up deal.

So far the single player content seems worth it to me, and the idea of having unbought adventures just sitting there in my game is really not something I’m psychologically capable of dealing with.

2 Likes

Well.

For who wanna it to get difficult there is random deck option.

That deck is just a bunch of cards together instead of a recipe and it always changes.

In heroic many people can’t manage to even beat first half of the bosses playing that way.

Well, then help me out.

If you count with the lowest possible outcome, a golden pack (300 dust) is equal 7,5 of normal packs (40 dust each) isnt it?

5 wings with 3packs each fetching 15 packs in total.

Then i cant do the math for the legendary, two card back, and the value of the fun for the content.

If you enjoy it, then that’s all the value it needs. 2,800 gold is less than 1/3 of the amount of gold a player can earn in the 4 months between expansions. Even if a player had 0 gold when Shadows was released, they would still be able to buy all the SPA with gold and have over 7,000 gold by the time the next expansion comes out.

Plus - knowing this was coming - the player could have saved 1,500 gold on the Shadows expansion by NOT spending gold on Shadow packs and spending it on the SPA instead (getting the packs that way). Ultimately, a player who followed this path would only be ‘losing’ 1,300 gold. That’s easily budgeted stuff.

I’m not so sure about those numbers. I had only around 7500 gold at the last expansion - saving from the previous expansion, doing only dailies, not missing any daily quest and trying to reroll everything to at least 60 gold quests.

Now I’m sitting on 2400 gold with the same approach.

1 Like

I did the same thing last expansion, earning 9700 gold between dailies, events and some friend quests mixed with a lower-than-normal playrate due to meta fatigue. Only spent 8k upon RoS launch then another 300 yesterday to finish out my legendary pity timer because I’m a doofus and didn’t think about the remaining 9 packs from the other three wings. Epic facepalm.

At the moment I’m at 4,820 gold.

I guess you’re lucky, or playing more, or got more friends. I don’t play at all apart from doing dailies, and also get 80 gold from someone super rarely, but that’s on me.

1 Like

A few things:

• have to keep in mind that on average, in the long run, a pack is worth 100 dust (when accounting for goldens/legs)
  • the golden pack being a minimum of 300 dust is therefore AT LEAST worth 3 packs aka 300 gold
  • for 2800 you get 12 packs (the first 3 are free) = 1200 gold + 300 gold (golden pack) = 1500

Therefore, cost of adventure is 1300 gold max, probably a bit less if you roll a better golden pack.

To put this in perspective, completing your dailies will net you ~60g per day (50 minimum/quest + usually at least one 10g bonus for 3 wins).

Conclusion: if you pay with gold, getting the adventure will set you back 3 weeks of dailies at the maximum, a bit less than 20% of your farming time between expansions.

sure wish I could buy golden packs for 300 gold… I think that is pretty cheap

Problem is yours. It isn’t.

Why are you judging by the average value of a regular pack and the minimum value of a gold one? You need to compare both by the same metric if you’re going to do an analysis on gold cost/dust value.

I am. I’ve done it for the past 5 years like a clock. There isn’t a 4-month window in the game where I wasn’t able to save up OVER 10,000 gold without having to ‘grind’ or expend any real effort. Just log in a couple times a week - dash out the dailies - earn the extras and gimmies that Blizzard always trowels out … Bob’s your uncle. You’ll have at least 9K gold without even having to wake up, and over 10K if you have any decent sort of winning record at all.

I’m pretty sure your chances to get a legendary on your first 9 packs are not actually increased by the pity timer so this is not a very fair way to look at it.