Dalaran Heist - All Class Choices Yield Mage Run

I just installed the September 10th update for Mac. On my last session, I had been playing through a Dalaran Heist, level 2 (The Violet Hold), as the mage class.

After updating the app today, I continued my mage run and got a game-over at some point. Then, after trying to start up a new run with a new class, I find that Mage is the only option regardless of which class I attempt to select. By that, I mean that I see all the classes, and can select from all the classes, but when I select ANY class from the ‘Choose Your Hero’ screen, the next screen to choose your hero power is only the mage selections, and the following screen allows you to select a mage deck.

Essentially, the game seems to think that I am selecting mage, regardless of which class I attempt to select. I have never encountered this problem before, so my assumption is this is associated with the update.

6 Likes

I have the same issue, but with Druid instead of Mage.

I started playing the third wing heroic of Dalaran Heist with a druid a few days ago.
I also downloaded the September 10th update for Mac today, and lost the run with the Druid afterwards. I tried to start a new game with another class, but as soon as I confirm my choice in heroic mode, I see the hero powers of the Druid, and not the ones of the class chosen. In normal mode (where I haven’t had an unfinished run), choosing a hero works as intended.

I’ve already restarted the game, but I still can’t choose another class than Druid in Dalaran Heist Heroic, the wing doesn’t matter. I assume that the game does not reset correctly when a run is finished in Dalaran Heist, and I also think that this problem is linked to the update.

Thanks for the report.

Does the issue persist after starting and resetting the run with that hero?

No, it doesn’t. I just tested it.

1 Like

Same here, with mage.

Hey have the same kind of Bug just with rough and Warrior (play heroic mode).

I have the same bug. All choices in all runs only allow me to choose mage. I have tried every way to reset this but nothing is working.

Having same issue, can only choose priest after playing a priest run. Glad I am not the only one!

Same here, except it is shaman. Was the last class I completed a run with.

“No, it doesn’t. I just tested it.” … you mean, starting and resetting the run does actually fix the problem, then?

Me too, have tried restarting the game and the run and it still has me locked on mage.

ok, guys, I was stuck on the warrior class.
but then i accepted my fate and did a run (I got defeated at 8th boss), after that the other classes were selectable again. I haven’t yet checked whether I am maybe now locked on my current class (shaman)

Samesies. Stuck on chapter 4 as Paladin, even after restart. Changing chapters also does not fix it.

Edit: Might be worth noting that I was playing a run as paladin before the tavern brawl was updated. The “win Tavern Brawl” quest showed up after my run, so I only noticed it was stuck on paladin after playing a round of tavern brawl and switching back.

Edit 2: Witchwood works fine.

I am having the same issue, but instead with Warlock.

I need only to win with Paladin in level I to complete all classes but now when I select a class in any level, it only shows Warlock hero powers and decks in all levels of Dalaran Heist. I am currently working on trying to win having selected Paladin and then the hero power and decks that were offered to see if thta will fix it if I win, but unfortunately Warlock is not my strong-suit >.<

Dang that sucks. I’m sorry! I feel you though, I kinda put a pin in the Heists til later since playing different characters was a big part of the appeal for me.

Conceding as the class I was stuck as fixed it for me. I beat a few bosses with it first, but I don’t think part that matters.

3 Likes

Have the same problem PC with Warrior.

tried Verstehen’s suggestion fixed it. THanks

1 Like

Had the same problem with hunter, starting a run and instantly conceding worked.
Also something to note is that it got stuck after I angrily clicked back in the lose screen without letting it play out on my last hunter run. Don’t know if that caused it or not though ~

Same bug with the rogue in act 5. Started, conceded and can now pick any class again!