Control Warrior will never match up to control DK

Cards like Patchwork and Mograine win games. Hearthstone isn’t 2017 anymore where having a bunch of armor wins a game. Once you lose board or value it trickles down, no matter if your hp or armor level.

Slightly making Nellie or Remornia less bad doesn’t address that. 40 card control warrior hardly has relevant cards before turn 4 vs aggro, it even loses to 30 card DK despite having 10 mora cards! every time because warrior simply doesn’t generate value lmao.

1 Like

Control Warrior has lots of stuff Control DK doesn’t. Rokara (the hero), to the front, Grom, Galvangar. It makes better use of Astalor. Even the questline in a control deck has potential I think.

There’re plenty of reasons to run Control Warrior. The taunt package has potential with the new Last Stand too.

Hero will be rotated out, to the front is only useful in charge warrior, Grom doesn’t see play in Control Warrior, Galv is good, Last Stand is still a terrible include.

Warrior’s core issues were not addressed in this patch, the control archetype simply cannot keep up with midrange or control matchups designed to generate value. It doesn’t mana cheat, it doesn’t generate value, it has no clear finishers other than chipping away at the opponent with weapons. Simply building up armor and hoping that at the end of the game the enemy didn’t have enough to break through is boring and ineffective

1 Like

I think this thread is about greed blood-dk being more greedy than greed warrior.

Patchwerk won’t be rotating so OP is concerned that he will be 3+ times patchwerked in a game that goes to fatigue. Neither side will present a win condition and instead sit back with small threats trying to bait out more removal while hoarding the big boys. As turn 50 approaches both sides will reno to full health.

how do you use bran +astalor without to the front ?

Well Hero card hasn’t rotated out yet, the game will be completely different in April. If you wanna end the game I feel like an enrage package

Last Stand is a 1 mana cycle card that gives you a card that’s pretty much always good against aggro or gives an incredible handbuff in the late game. It’s not a terrible include. I’m not even sure what your basis is for that honestly.

Oh, about the match-up? Blood DK is pretty good against other control decks because of Patchwerk I suppose. I dunno if Control Warrior has really been broken down or analyzed yet.

There’s 3 viable taunt minions control warrior can run (1x Asvedon, 2x Lavagorger)

If you’re using Last Stand against aggro you’re spending a card and 1 mana to draw 1 of them, which is… okay? at best as manathirst 7 simply doesn’t come into play against aggro decks. You’re better off running the general card draw

Threads like this make me miss Tickatus