Control Deck Resource Usage

To make this short and sweet, using a Control Deck, I find myself losing to Aggro more times than I’d like to admit. The reason being is that I tend to be too frugal with my resources, trying to get the best use out of them I can, lest I lose because I I scattered them to the wind too early.

Is it better to lose with your resources in hand or used up in a comparatively cavalier sense?

Figuring out the right timing of when to use your resources as a control deck can be very tricky, even for experienced players.

The ideal state is when you win, you have used up all your resources efficiently to survive and turn the game around.

Sometimes you are going to have to play a minion early without utilising its Battlecry, just to keep up with the board presence of your opponent.

Some questions you can ask when deciding:

How much face damage am I saving by playing this board clear? Can I wait one more turn?
If I play this board clear, what is the expected response from my opponent? Do they have reload, and do I have an answer to that if they do?