Chat harassment

Me, I love it.
It is funny i take their friend invite and if they insult me, i say thank you. It proves you got on their nerves.

When you grow up, you don’t care about words from people you don’t know in the internet. I mean really who cares. this is just funny to see them rage.

I even tell them give me more drama LMAO. :slight_smile:

Why do you accept players? You can tell if they salty after you just won, just ignore invites.

If a player seem to be friendly Im sure he use thanks emote etc alot.

Sometimes people are also just having a really bad day.

It’s not too many months ago someone added me to start flaming on me
We then talked a bit and he ended up apologizing and explained that he was at rank 1 trying to reach legend for the first time and had dropped down to rank 4 on a big losing streak.

That ofc doesn’t make it right. But losing your head when tilting can happen to a lot of people who normally are pretty decent. And straight up banning them for it might be a bit harsh.

1 Like

I didn’t read your entire post but all i can say is I feel bad for the sorry sap at work
Who asks you how tour day is going because they just lost the next 8 hours of their life to some elongated, unrelated Homerian tale of your morning routine .

You can report the conversation in battle.net but I just chuckle at their nonsense.

Omg you sound so nice hmu sometime for tacos?
We can talk for 8 hours, instead of 10 minutes, bc on the internet, nothing can be middle, extreme-only, 8 hours, never 10 minutes.

be realistic, thanks!

1 Like

Go big or go home, right?

i wouldnt get too hung-up about it, people get really worked up over this game for no reason. im guilty of it too. its the internet, cant be fixed without major intervention… which could only end badly. (if you have kids, make sure they know ahead of time what they might expect :sweat_smile:)

just take a step back, enjoy some music and play cards. Heres a custom playlist!

Humans suck. Especially now when actions don’t come with consequences. Growing up watching the internet evolve I’ve come to one conclusion. If you can’t handle people being crap then don’t go online. Because that’s all you’ll get.

Pretty sure that there is punishment as blizzard archives those chats and I know in the past at least quite a few that got a temporary ban for saying terrible things.

Yeah what the F happened to people? Or maybe the wrong type of people started coming online.

Hearthstone isnt a social game, as when watching streamers is when you see most chat, its mostly like high school cliques. If this game had a better chat system, like WoW does, it would grow and not just be some game you play while waiting for something more important during your day to happen. some ppl take this game seriously, but without a real world in-game chat system, its always going to be less than what it could really be… (the devs think fireside gatherings will bring ppl together, when in reality its insane to travel hours just to play an online game with strangers in the same room)

1 Like