Chaotic Tendril 2 card 10 cost choice fairly broken

Fairly frustrating that currently Chaotic Tendril only has a pool of two 10 cost spells to cast from. Table Flip, which isn’t a problem, and Sunset Volley, which definitely is. Might be fine in a non-Highlander Warrior deck but in Reno Warrior it’s insane. Double battlecry means you’re casting Sunset Volley for 1 mana every time. Doesn’t help that Eye Of Chaos is also a battlecry based generator for Chaotic Tendril’s.

Best solution I can come up with is to change the spell pool to include past spells as well. There may be some strong stuff in there but I’ll take that over the consistency of the current damage output.

On a personal note I hit legend a couple of times with Reno Warrior and I can see this being even stronger than the travesty of playing Astalor, the Flamebringer 4 turns in a row. At least that took me 4 turns to do.

3 Likes

If you let a warrior ramp up the tendrils to 10, you’re doing something wrong

As I said it’s probably only an issue with Reno Warrior, they can do it in one turn if the game’s at 10 mana, it’s only 5 Tendrils

I just OTK’d a Chaos Shaman on turn 10 with Highlander Warrior. With Brann ramping up the tendrils by 2, Eye of Chaos dumping 4 into my hand and Celestrial Projectionist creating 2 more tendrils. What did he do wrong exactly???

1 Like

This Tendril stuff is really dumb, Shaman triple Tendril isn’t that bad, but highlander Warrior is just straight up not fun, you just armor up and use removal stalling the game as hard as you can until you’ve played Brann and get your Tendril Copy pasta and Band manager, doesn’t matter how much you rush their face when they can get armor while removing your minions, and when they get to 9-10 mana they start spamming out 4+ Tendrils each turn, your only hope is that the first couple tendrils use card draw and then on the 7th spell use the draw 7 so they start fatiguing hard, but even then they might just hit you 3 times in face with sunset on that same turn…

2 Likes

Yes, because it isn’t like warrior has a ton of removal to get to tendrils at 10 mana with double battlecries.

What I don’t get is why it’s always Sunset Volley? I get that the 10 mana spell pool is almost non-existent, and I also get why The Galactic Projection Orb is excluded from the pool, but shouldn’t it be a 50/50 between Sunset Volley and Table Flip?

People complaining about Tendrils feels like a Twilight Zone episode to me. Like, ain’t nobody got time for that. Every actually viable deck in the meta, except Wheel Warlock, is killing before that. Brannless Odyn Warrior is winning the turn after Odyn, Hunter’s winning way before that, Paladin’s winning way before that… like, what shadow dimension parallel to our own are you guys living in where Tendrils are anything other than a complete joke? Y’all must all be hanging out in Gold or something with terrible “homebrew” decks and you aren’t even aware of the actual threats in the meta.

1 Like

The one you like to quote stats from …

2 Likes

It is. I’ve played the deck a few times and it gives both about equally, but if you get around to playing tendrils you just have so many with double battlecries that it doesn’t matter because eventually you’ll hit a few Sunset Volleys

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about?

I’m talking about hardstuck Diamond at the end of the month

I got friends in Diamond 5 playing tendrils and that’s the “most representative part of playerbase” according to you, isn’t it?

Well here’s what that looks like.

1 Like

They’re hard stuck because they’re playing a terrible deck

And you’re calling them the most important rank to balance the game around

That’s how we end up with DHstone

It shouldn’t have to be said to an intellectually honest person that nerfs are decided by what decks are over 50% winrate at a particular rank range, not by which decks are below 50% at that range. Whether we prioritize D4-1 or T1KL or anything, it’s not the garbage that decides the nerfs.

The fact that I do need to point out something so blatantly obvious, shows that you are seething with such ideological possession that it’s probably impossible to have a reasonable discussion.

If that’s what you call being bothered by 90% of the ladder being Demon Hunters, then sure, whatever, bro.

We won’t discuss.

It is. In one game on my shaman, opponent was on 6 health with 0 minions. I had 3x tendril in my hand and Yogg for next turn to fill my hand with more.

Tendril 1: Flip.
Tendril 2: Flip.
Tendril 3: Flip.

He fills his board with some spell so I Yogh, clear with insanity and Yogg casts the Rogue tendril spell. Again he’s on 6 health, clear board, 1 mana for 1 tendril.

Tendril 4: Flip.

Concede. Can’t beat that RNG man, f----.

Depressing that this game has become “don’t let the game go past 7”.

It’s the kind of deck that the overall meta shouldn’t really have a hard time with. The decks it can prey on though are slow and grindy or just new players. I feel for the new players not knowing what is coming and understanding that they have to finish the game asap. For the grind out decks i feel no sympathy because this deck preys on them.

they are abusing random 10 dmg spell i got my games filled by hunter and this warrior can’t do anything .