Cant move cards around hand makes ZERO sense!

This has made no damn sense from day 1! Your holding the cards why the hell can’t I move them around ? This goes against the logic of every other card game that’s ever been invented that involves holding your cards in your hand!

The game has mechanics based around the position of cards in your hand:
Legendary · Minion · The Boomsday Project · After you play the right-most card in your hand, draw a card.
In fact we’re about to get a whole new class with that as their class keyword. You’ll never, ever be able to do this freely because it would defeat the purpose of those mechanics.

3 Likes

It’s actually like that for gameplay reasons. You can track your opponents cards by keeping an eye on his hand like that, for various reasons. Luna will also draw a card if you play your right most card with her on the board, and demon hunters will have a keyword which will trigger an effect if you play it while it’s the left most or right most card in your hand.

In short, being able to rearrange your hand at a whim would break all of these for no real benefit. So, get used to it, as it’s not changing any time soon

3 Likes

I don’t think you can move your cards around in Yugioh and Pokemon Online TCG as well. So actually, it’s the same logic.

Also what the other people have said, some card effects are based on hand positioning which actually adds an element of tactical play. Do you cycle through your hand to get a card to the left or play the one you immediately picked up etc?

1 Like

I do agree there should be a possibility to shuffle your hand the way you want, but without affecting cards like Luna, and your opponent still sees all your cards in the regular order. The shuffled order would only show client-side, while the server continues to see the proper order.

So basically, you shuffled your hand and play the right-most card but Luna doesn’t draw you a card? Too bad, should’ve reset your hand to see the actual position of your cards.

That would get so confusing lol

Playing MTG for years is where that fidgeting comes from.

Most of the guys and girls I play with can’t hold still for two seconds.

It fine but I’ll never understand it because I don’t have whichever disorder they have but I get why they do it.

A fidget spinner might help you if that seems like an issue.

It seems to me it isn’t about what order the cards are in just that it gives people something to fidget with.

Some people have told me that it is a strategy to never give your opponent information on which card was drawn when but I’ve played long enough to know it is just nervous energy routed into any action it can take.

At certain levels of competetive play it can be a strategy to obfuscate which card was drawn when, ie. did the player have a certain card but held it back or did they topdeck it. But for many players I’ve observed it is certainly more of a nervous tic, or they just do it “Because I saw that one pro player do it and that means it’s a top tier tactic. Which means if I use it I’m also top tier”.

But since Hearthstone has a couple of cards and an entire class that cares about card position in hand, the suggestions from the OP and other posters likely won’t ever happen.

1 Like