Can't connect to NA server, only to other servers

I have not been able to connect to the NA server for about a week. The NA server has my main account as I play from Malaysia.

I only managed to connect after the update yesterday and played about 3 games of battlegrounds. But I stopped playing since there were frequent disconnects. Today I can’t connect to it anymore again.

I tried connecting to the other servers as well today and these are the results as I tried connecting them one after the other. For all server I see the Tables full message pop up for less than a second.

1 NA server, after 2 mins 30 seconds it stops trying and this message appears: “Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the HearthStone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to disconnect” There is a code on the top right “HS:CT;NetCacheCardValues=1”

2 EU server, menu loaded after 1 min 24 seconds

3 Asia server, menu loaded after 39 seconds

4 NA server, after 2 mins 16 seconds it stops trying and this message appears: “Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the HearthStone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to disconnect” There is a code on the top right “HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1”

5 EU server, menu loaded after 1 min 7 seconds

6 Asia server, menu loaded after 1 min 9 seconds

Is there any way to solve this problem or should I shift to another server?

Hey there Prody,

Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If the issue is resolved when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further. I always recommend requesting to be forwarded to a “level 2 or level 3 technician” when contacting the ISP since the front-line representatives typically only have access to basic diagnostics and troubleshooting tools.

Hey @Prody…

I’m having the same problem too. I assume you’re using Maxis broadband?

I’ve roughly zeroed in the problem. This issue happens with Maxis so far 2x last year.

Few ways to connect HS, either via mobile data (other than Maxis) or a vpn.
If you’re a tech savy person, give port forwarding a try.

This not only affect HS, it affects other mobile apps as well when connected in the same wifi network. My media streaming app couldnt draw the links. I had to dc from my maxis wifi, draw the links from u-mobile data, connect back to wifi only then i’m able to cast it over my TV.

Best we can do is file a complaint to Maxis. My guess is that they must have accidently blocked Blizzard gaming ports or something.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Hi Skelgarer

Thanks for the recommendations. I tried using the mobile hotspot and initially was very happy as I could get into the NA server within 30 secs and played 1 game without problems until the end at which it didn’t show the result, but the “game was recorded” message. I tried to log in again, but could not and got this error code “HS:CT;NetCacheCardValues=1” after 2 mins and 40 seconds.

Update: Managed to get in using mobile hotspot again, but game starts to disconnect around turn 6-7 of battlegrounds each game. One time I managed to get back in a few times after disconnecting. Another game I couldn’t and just lost the game.

Using mobile hotspot to login to other servers:

EU server: 20 seconds

Asia server: 3 mins 6 seconds

Tried wifi again as well:

NA server, stopped waiting after 7 mins

EU server, 25 secs

Asia server, 1 min 26 seconds

@Huggies
I am on Maxis broadband yes, but never had this problem so far in the past 2 years. And I only have a problem with the NA server for some reason.

Also as per the above I could play it on mobile on the NA server but only for one game. I am not too sure what is going on.

I have not had any problems with any mobile apps on my wifi network.

1 Like

Problem solved. Seems that Cloudflare having issues.

Just change your DNS to any of the public DNS in your router. Google dns, Opendns etc. Should be ok and Maxis is aware of this problem.

Huggies#1469 NA server

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion Huggies. Unfortunately it did not work for me.

I had changed DNS to google DNS and the results were similar.

1 NA server, after 2 mins 28 seconds it stops trying and this message appears: “Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the HearthStone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to disconnect” There is a code on the top right “HS:CT;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0;NetCacheCardValues=1”

2 EU server, menu loaded 19 seconds

3 Asia server, menu loaded after 45 seconds

I tried to open a ticket at https://us.battle.net/support/en/help, but can’t get the page to load.

I need to connect to https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help instead.

Just to confirm its not Blizzard’s error, try running foodpanda app. If tat app fails to launch due to “no connection” then its Maxis problem.

I called up Maxis support and they did something to my IP address and it works after that.

Hope that helps.

Happy Niuuu Year!!!

Hi Prody and Huggies,

Thanks for the information, Maxis is indeed aware of this and they are rectifying this problem. Hopefully we may all connect soon via them again. (I had the same problem and called them up)

Happy Niu Year!

Hi Huggies

I have no problem using food panda.

@Prody @Veryniub,

While Maxis is trying fix things (or so it seems) and you’re in need to complete your dailies… try free vpns … I’m using Windscribe (10GB refreshed every month) for times like these.

#kitajagakita XD